Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Roller Herbie

Dave read my recent Q & A where I whined mentioned that I was unable to put pictures on my blog anymore and, boom!  He figured out a way for me to do it!  He also asked me to tell you that no sordid favors influenced his decision to do so. 

So…a backlog of photos…which should I choose?   Where should I begin?  Hmmm.  Such a difficult decision.

I know!  When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with guinea pig pictures!  (Sorry, Stephanie, but it’s true).

Recently at school, Ben traded some Lego Dudes for a big Tech Deck (miniature skateboard), brought it home from school, and within minutes, our sweet little Herbie was jumping up and down in his cage:  “Me!  Me! Me! Me!” he squeaked at us! 

Well, actually, within minutes, the kids crowded around Herbie’s cage, pulled him out, and did their best to give him the ride of his life, while he did his best to get the heck away from them:
2010_0321wkendoutside0061
2010_0321wkendoutside0060
2010_0321wkendoutside0063
2010_0321wkendoutside0062
2010_0321wkendoutside0066
1…2…3…4…
2010_0321wkendoutside0067
Herbie did not stay on the skateboard long enough to ride around the living room, nor to perform aerials and fliptricks ala Tony Hawk, as Ben was hoping to train him to do.

But it was awfully cute. 

(Dear Herbie, please don’t run away from home. 
We promise to never put you on a skateboard or in the Barbie Beetle again. 
Love, The Demon Children and their Kind Mother).

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I see a movie contract in his future...maybe G-force II!! Can't wait to share with the kids :)
Wendy

Deb said...

Dear Herbie,

Don't believe a word she says. This summer you'll be sliding down the sliding board and swimming in a bucket.

It could be worse; you could be a fish.

Fondly,
One Who Will Be Watching For Photos