Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good Morning!

This is the first summer that I find we are sleeping in. This is not big news for Maddie who loves to sleep late. But it is earth-shattering for Ben, who's awake most days of the year around 6 a.m. or so (therefore 8 a.m. really is sleeping late for this guy).

It's also big news for Jack, who, for the first time, sleeps late when he is tired instead of waking with the early birdies and joining me in bed (and I do mean me, not we...Dave's usually up around 4 or 5 a.m.--Ben comes by it honestly).

Our leisurely, unhurried mornings are a favorite time of day for me to enjoy my first Diet Coke, read the paper, check my e-mail and Facebook, etc. Everyone's still too fuzzy-brained to bicker that much. And they all look so darn cute in their jammies, with sleepy-dirt crusting their little eyes, clutching their blankies or teddies.

Here's what the kids were doing around 9:30 this morning:

Jack, in his jammies, loves to park his cars in the warm sunshine.


Ben is awake, dressed, already got himself breakfast, and is playing his DS.
And here's my Sleeping Beauty:

No comments: