Thursday, September 2, 2010

You Gotta Ricotta

Today I made my friend Laura’s recipe for Ricotta Cookies.  This is a very easy recipe, everything is mixed in one bowl and all you need (besides the ingredients) is a teaspoon and a measuring cup.  Well, and a mixer and oven, duh. Um, and cookie sheets and a spatula and cooling rack.  Geez, you people are picky.  Also a pot holder would be good.

The nice thing about this recipe is it is perfect for those with children with egg and nut allergies (Deb and Sue, I’m looking at you) or if you are making a cookie to take into school that will not be dangerous to the egg/nut allergy burdened children in your child’s class.

First of all, get yourself a helper.

2010_0831ricottacookies0001

Put all of the ingredients into the mixer, and mix with your dough attachment.  When the dough becomes a ball, you are done mixing!

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.  I also like to dip one end in colored sugar (today I used large white crystals).

2010_0831ricottacookies0013

2010_0831ricottacookies0014

Your helper may prefer to dip his in purple…

2010_0831ricottacookies0016

…and add chocolate chunks.

2010_0831ricottacookies0018

Then bake!

They are a pretty cookie with a homey, doughy flavor. 

2010_0831ricottacookies20002

2010_0831ricottacookies0030

Enjoy!

2010_0831ricottacookies0019

Ricotta Cheese Cookies

1 c. butter, softened

2 c. sugar

1 – 15 oz. container ricotta cheese

3 t. vanilla

1 t. salt

1 t. baking soda

4 c. flour

Mix all ingredients until they are formed into a ball.  Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees or until the bottoms start to slightly brown.  Allow to cool one minute then remove from cookie sheet onto cooling rack.  Makes about 5 dozen.

I am linking up with Relatively Unique’s Cookie Exchange and Design by Gollum’s Foodie Friday!  Check out both of these sites for some great recipes!

9 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooh, yay! Thanks for looking at me. I'm always looking for new things Chaser can eat.

Maria M. Boyer said...

Uhh ... yum.

Wendy said...

Beth, Thank you so much for joining in today :)
These look delicious and I know Lil Tony is going to want to make them! I've been thinking of you this week...hope all is going great!
Wendy

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Those look too easy and too good!! I will be adding them to my list for the weekend!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Jen said...

I feel 10 lbs coming on soon- Hope Jack had a good week- and you!!

stephanie said...

Yum! Must try these, thanks for sharing!!

the country cook said...

Wow! I've never heard of using ricotta in a cookie before, and it sounds delicious! I'll have to try it sometime.- www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

Unknown said...

Well, I don't know that I've ever had a ricotta cookie...they look devine and I think I better fix that soon :)

Blessings!
Gail

Unknown said...

OHHH!!! these cookies sound and look WONDERFUL. I like the idea of the ricotta cheese.
Geri