Thursday, September 17, 2009

Banana Muffins


Back in July I posted my recipe for Zucchini Bread. It really is a great recipe using sour cream that I got from Taste of Home magazine. Whenever I made any other zucchini bread (and I tried lots of recipes) the inside would take so long to bake that the outside would be dark brown and dry. Yuck. This one always bakes perfectly.

Anyway, on Monday a friend gave me a bunch of extremely ripe bananas (so brown and soft, they were almost hairy). She knew she wouldn't have time to use them, so I said I'd take them. I decided to use my Zucchini Bread recipe and substitute four or five ripe bananas for zucchini. I also lowered the sugar amount from two cups to one and a half, figuring the bananas are way sweeter than zucchini, and I probably could have gone down another quarter cup.

I made them into mini muffins and the recipe made A LOT, somewhere between 4 and 5 dozen.

That was yesterday afternoon, and there's only about a dozen and a half left.

Oh yeah, a big hit here.

The kids had them as an after school snack, dessert after supper, and a bedtime snack, for breakfast this morning, and I put them in lunch boxes today. And who knows how many Dave and I snacked on in between. They really were delicious, and so moist.

Give them a try next time you find yourself with a bunch of almost hairy bananas!
(You can click on the Zucchini Bread link above to be taken to my recipe).


No comments: