Friday, February 5, 2010

Martha and Angela and Crunchy Farfalle

At a recent neighborhood bunko night, my friend Angela brought along the BEST DARN SNACK I’ve EVER eaten.

EVER!!!!!

Crunchy Farfalle (click here to hear it pronounced in a sexy, Italian voice) is simply little bowtie noodles, boiled for half the normal time, then deep-fried, and sprinkled with a mixture of lemon zest, freshly grated parmesan cheese, pepper, and chives. 
2010_0205farfalle0012
Angela got the recipe from good old Martha Stewart’s wedding website, and as a result, I have almost forgiven Martha for making me feel second-rate and lazy every time I read her food articles in the grocery store check-out line.  The recipe is simple (though Angela says her house smells a tad, ummm….oily after she makes it) and so unique, pretty to serve to guests or to give as a hostess gift.

Backing up to Bunko Night, the night I met my new friend, Farfalle, I parked myself next to the Farfalle bowl the entire evening and gave dirty looks to anyone else who was crazy enough to approach us.  And by us, I mean Farfalle and me.  My friend.  Farfalle.  Mmmm, such a kind, pretty, and delicious friend.

If you’d like to hop over to Martha’s page and see the recipe, click here.

And although I took the pictures of the Farfalle on this post, 2010_0205farfalle0021 Angela gets the credit for making it.  She whipped up another batch of the heavenly stuff today and sent some around the block to me with her daughter, absolutely making my day.
 
Farfalle and me.  Together again.

Thanks, Angela!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh my!!!!!!I can almost smell and taste them!They look fantastic!

Deb said...

No, Beth. No. ;-)

Wendy said...

Beth these looks so good!!! I am so glad you shared this with us!!! Thank you for your sweet comment!!

Angela said...

Thanks for giving me credit here... that was kind of you!
I AM complete...I can successfully make a 'Martha' recipe AND I can now pronounce it correctly (as the sexy Italiano that I am!)
... Now Afton, Stuart and I are off to make the quiche you posted above....wiSh Me LuCk!!!!!!!!!