Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday I made cookies to send with the kids for the bus driver and for their teachers for Thanksgiving.  The recipe comes from the cookie exchange I co-host every year with my friend Trudy (more on that in a future post).  This cookie was made one year by my friend Jolein, and I’ve made it in the fall every year since then. 

Ben says they are absolutely the best cookie in the world.

I was actually going to make these for teachers for Halloween, but they got pushed off to Thanksgiving when it hit me, as I was looking through the kids’ candy haul, that I had completely forgotten to make the darn things.
2009_1124miscellaneous0027 
I have found an extremely efficient way to bake cookies.  I use three cookie sheets and keep them moving on a rotating basis, starting on the bottom rack of the oven, moving to the top, and then out of the oven to be emptied and refilled. 

You can see in the photo below that the cookies on top have already done half their oven time and the ones on the bottom are just starting.  While they’re both in the oven I’m emptying/refilling the third cookie sheet.
2009_1124miscellaneous0029
When the timer goes off, out comes the top sheet, up goes the bottom  sheet, and in goes the sheet I’ve just filled!
2009_1124miscellaneous0031After the cookies have cooled I drizzle them with some melted canned frosting mixed with brown sugar…I know it’s cheating, but it’s easy and yummy!  I just put the melted frosting in a baggie and cut a tiny hole in the corner.  Placing the cooled cookies on paper towels makes clean up very easy.




2009_1124miscellaneous0038

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1 – 16 oz. can pumpkin
2 eggs
4 c. flour
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 – 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
1 – 16 oz. container cream cheese frosting
1/4 c. packed brown sugar

-Cream butter and sugar, add pumpkin and eggs, beat until smooth.  Add flour, spice, baking powder and soda.  Stir in white chocolate chips. 
-Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a greased or parchment paper covered cookie sheet. 
-Bake 13-14 minutes or until set.
-Combine frosting and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Microwave about 30 seconds until melted, stir well, then drizzle over cooled cookies.
Enjoy!

Dare to DIY

No comments: