Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brownies From Heaven

2010_0317marmisc0036
I’m going to share a recipe I got from a colleague about fifteen years ago.  She brought them into the faculty room, and we all just raved over them so much, that she brought in recipe cards for everyone.  I put mine away, and completely forgot about it until last month.

Since I have found it, I’ve made it twice, and my family agrees, they are our favorite dessert, ever.

Start with a brownie mix (or you can make homemade) that fits into a 13x9 pan. Here is Maddie going to town:
2010_0317marmisc0007
Spread the batter in a 13x9 pan and bake 3 minutes short of the time on the box.  When the timer goes off, pull out the pan and spread an entire bag of mini-marshmallows on top.  Then slide it back into the oven for the last 3 minutes.

During those 3 minutes, microwave some peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter and stir until melted.  Then mix in some Rice Krispies.2010_0317marmisc0011
2010_0317marmisc0018
By this time, the marshmallow-topped brownies should be ready to pull out of the oven.  Spread your chocolate/peanut butter/rice krispie mixture atop the marshmallows.  Allow to cool (I usually put this in the fridge for a good hour or so).

Cut into squares, gaze adoringly at your own little slice of heaven, and just try to not eat the entire pan in one sitting.
2010_0317marmisc0037
Fudgy Peanut Butter Krispie Brownies
1 pkg. brownie mix (for 13x9 pan)
1 pkg (10 1/2 oz) mini-marshmallows
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 T butter
1 1/2 c. Rice Krispies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Prepare brownies according to package.  Bake 3 minutes less than required time.

Remove pan from oven and cover hot brownies with marshmallows.  Return to oven and bake 3 minutes longer.

Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in microwave safe bowl.  Microwave and stir in 30 second intervals until melted.  Stir in Rice Krispies.

Spread over marshmallow layer (hot from the oven).

Refrigerate until chilled.  Cut into squares. 

I am linking this recipe to Foodie Friday!

7 comments:

Amy said...

omg Beth they look sooo good. Trying the recipe this weekend!

stephanie said...

You will have these at book club in April right???!!! Oh my, they look sinful!!!

bj said...

OMGosh...this looks just like what I think HEAVEN looks like !!

Melinda said...

Oh my! These look diet deadly - can't wait to try them! :)

The Charm of Home said...

Whoa! I think like, everything with chocolately goodness is in there! That looks fantastic!
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry

Rattlebridge Farm said...

These brownies have everything I LOVE. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Cintia Listenbee said...

it looks so good i want to cry (and eat it)