Saturday, May 4, 2013

Instagram April

Does this look like the face of a happy kid?

IMG_5034

It’s actually not only a happy face, but an ecstatically relieved face.  On April 1st, (AKA April Fool’s Day), Maddie had a doctor appointment where she was supposed to get a shot, but didn’t.  The doctor forgot and I forgot.  Maddie didn’t forget, but she happily didn’t mention it.  It hit me later in the afternoon that she hadn’t gotten the shot, and from there I worked out an evil plan, which went something like this:

1.  Dave calls me from his office phone.  I answer in the presence of the kids.  My end of the phone conversation* goes something like, “What?  Are you kidding me?  Oh, I can’t believe we forgot.  Oh, no.  You’re kidding…the boys need them too?  Oh my, they won’t be happy about this.  Your office closes at 5?  Okay, we’ll see you in a few minutes.” 

2.  I get off the phone and break the news to the kids that the doctor not only needs Maddie to go back for her missed shot but they checked their records and realized Ben and Jack needed shots too.  No one cried, but everyone was upset.  They all believed it because Maddie admitted at that point that she had hoped we’d forgotten the dang shot.

3.  We all trudged to the car, where they all sat glumly as I drove them to Rainbow Snow, whose opening day was April 1.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHa!  (evil laugh)

~~~~

We went to the beach, courtesy of our friends (who own a beautiful beach house) with a mutual set of friends!

IMG_5069IMG_5070IMG_5067

IMG_5068IMG_5100IMG_5104

IMG_5096IMG_5090IMG_5098

Thank you thank you thank you to our lovely friends.  We had a fabulous time!

~~~~

Track is in full swing.

IMG_5110

Below is a picture of my friend Sue watching her son Luke run. 

IMG_5114

I pretended to watch Luke too, but really I was looking at Sue’s camera.  I have serious camera envy, people.

~~~~~~

Baseball season started in April too.  Both Ben and Jack are on teams and Dave is helping coach Jack’s team.  Opening Day began with a parade of all the teams down Railroad St. to the main ball field for a short ceremony.

IMG_5165IMG_5168

~~~~~

My bratty brother Dave turned an astounding, absolutely ancient 40 years old in April!

IMG_5125IMG_5126

Hmmm.  I just realized I put those pictures in the wrong order up there. Pretend you didn’t notice, I don’t feel like fixing it.  To make up for it, here is another bonus photo of my bratty brother Dave that just may be the cutest thing ever:

IMG_5124

Dave loved costumes.  Maybe he still does.  It’s probably none of my business.

~~~~~~

Jack made a little artwork with his milk-soaked Fruit Loops one morning.  I had already left for school.  This lovely face was stuck fast to the counter when I returned later that evening.

IMG_5107

And, quite honestly, I thought it was absolutely adorable, and that is the reason why I scraped it off the counter three days later.  Not because I just never got around to it, no sir, but because my baby made art out of cereal!  Which is so very very very save-worthy.  Ahem.

~~~~~~

Two more baseball shots:

IMG_5199IMG_5166

~~~~~~~~

It’s not easy to get yourself into a hammock.

IMG_5225IMG_5206IMG_5220

But man, it’s totes worth it when you do.

IMG_5224

~~~~~~

And finally, I’ll end with this one.  Have you seen those memes with The Most Interesting Man in the World?  Click here for some examples. On Easter we realized how much my dad resembled him.  What do you think?

IMG_5003

And that’s all, folks.

*Dave’s end of the conversation went something like this**:  “Beth, you are the best wife ever!  Seriously!  You are the best!  What would I do without you?  And you are so cute too!  And young looking!  And wow can you cook!  Why don’t you hop down to the spa for a little Beth Time after your trip to Rainbow Snow?” 

**What he actually said was, “Hey after you take the kids to Rainbow Snow I’ve got to get Ben straight to baseball, so get home fast okay?  Also, the toilet’s clogged.”

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beth, I love your blogs. This one made my day. You're the best... how do you have time to do this?!

Tara said...

Great pictures, one and all! By the way, how can you be sure that your Dad isn't the most interesting man in the world? I mean, have you ever actually seen them in the same room together???? The plot thickens. . .