Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wolfe Droppings

There's a magical place in my house!

And when I say "magical", I mean "disgusting proliferation of muck".

The most popular place in my house is the breakfast bar. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are eaten there, homework is done there, pictures are drawn and painted there, play-doh and moon sand are strewn about from there, Lego creations are developed and abandoned there, and board games are played there. When the kids sit there, they tend to drop their shoes off their feet and leave them there. Right now there is one flip-flop, two small tupperwares, an eyeball ring, and a water shooter from the pool under there. And countless crumbs. Hmm, and a few dried macaroni.

The amazing thing, the thing that makes it such a magical place, is that this area gets cleaned at least once a day! Sometimes more (if I know someone is coming over).

Now, the tupperwares, shoes, etc. all appear because of careless children and a mom who is not vigilant enough to notice when it happens. The crumbs are from messy eaters (mostly Jack!), the craft debris is usually from Maddie, the Legos are usually from Ben. And don't get me started on Moon Sand and Play-Doh! AAAAGGGHHH!

So here is a picture of this wondrous area, about to be cleaned for the first time today. And if you ever visit me unexpectedly, please do me a favor and avert your eyes.



No comments: