Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sprinkles Anonymous

I have a confession to make.

I like sprinkles. I like them a lot.

I like colored sugar and jimmies and tiny nonpareils and mini M&M’s and sugar crystals and silver balls and chocolate chips and those tiny flat little sprinkles that look like something-- like tiny bats or flowers or stars.

There’s an Amish store near me and t2009_1010jacksbirthday0015hey buy sprinkles by the bulk then sell it to their customers in handy small containers very cheap. I am a good customer there. Sometimes I also buy the expensive ones in the Wilton section of the craft store. I just can’t pass by sprinkles without adding to my collection.

Now what would any normal non-professional-baker-person need with all those sprinkles, you may ask. Well, I mostly use them for cupcakes and cookies for school parties. I have found that kids like sprinkles as much as I do (maybe even more) and I usually dip my iced cupcake directly into the sprinkles to completely cover it with sprinkly goodness. They are by no means works of art...just colorful and yummy.

2009_1010jacksbirthday0002

IMG_0312

119_1937

104_0454

Here’s a sign of a good sprinkly cupcake:

132_3238

Now this one is cheating because there are no actual sprinkles on these, but they’re so darn cute I’m including them anyway.

IMG_0201

I wish I had taken pictures of all the cupcakes I’ve decorated over the years. I’ve made plenty, thanks to Ben’s milk allergy, and the fact that I always wanted him to be able to eat the cupcake or cookie at the school party.

So… my addiction could be worse. But if any of my good friends feel the need to stage an intervention anyway…please let me know ahead of time.

I’ll bring the cupcakes.

No comments: