Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bug Love and Baby Quiz Results

If I had background music on this blog, you’d currently be listening to Marvin Gaye’s, “Let’s Get  It On…”  Okay.  Is the song playing in your head now?   Marvin’s deep and sexy voice bringing back memories of your twenties, when your biggest worry was paying off those college loans and making sure your Lean Cuisine/wine cooler stock didn’t run low, yearning for the days to come when you will be able to “google” song titles and not just sit there thinking about how you wish you knew who sang that song “Let’s Get It On”  although you’re in your twenties, so you’re in the best shape of your life, even though you don’t recognize or appreciate it, so you are probably not just sitting there thinking about song titles, but are on a treadmill thinking about them instead of out actually enjoying the song “Let’s Get It On” because you also haven’t found the right person to enjoy the song with yet, because there are no good ones left and the ones that are left are all gay, so you call your mom or best friend and whine about that for awhile and …

Ahem.  So anyway, Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On”…

Jack and I were looking at the flowers (he’s my little gardener)when he said, “Look, Mom!  Why are those bugs on top of each other!?”

“Oh, look!  They’re friends!”  I told him.  “Friends with privileges…like playing leap frog with each other!”

2010_0617cherries0008

I ran and grabbed my camera, because honestly, who does not enjoy a little Bug Love?  Heh!  Look at them!  [Giggle] I wonder if they are using protection?  If he said, “Come on, baby, we’ll feel closer than ever.”  And she said, “I don’t know, I only met you three seconds ago.”  And he said, “But, baby, my life span is over in about thirty minutes.  You don’t want to send me to my grave without knowing a little love first do you?”  And she said, “Fine.  Climb on.  But watch my antennae, I just had them polished today.  Call me?"

2010_0617cherries0010

Love is so uncomplicated when you’re a bug.  No need to play games, or hard to get, or sit waiting by the phone the next day.

But no Marvin Gaye, either.  Or privacy.  Or the chance to register for baby gifts at Target. 

And speaking of babies (smooooth transition, huh?)… here are the results of my Baby Quiz.

A-Maddie

B-Jack

C-Ben

Stephanie, Deb, and Maria all won a zucchini for guessing correctly!  Wendy gets a zucchini anyway for trying, and Shelley, who guessed on Facebook wins a zucchini and the honor of watering my garden for the week when she’s visiting from Michigan!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So now I know where Herbie gets it from!! You should enter your photo's on P.W. photo contest, its bug week! Always better to be a lover and not a fighter :)
Wendy

Deb said...

Who would have thought I would ever say -- in my lifetime -- "Those are THE BEST photos of bug love I have ever seen!" But, dude, those are THE BEST pictures of bug love I've ever seen. Holy cow you're a good photographer.

Yay for me, by the way. I almost changed my answer when I saw Wendy's -- I started typing my answer before she posted and by the time I hit publish, hers was there. But it's all in the eyebrows so I stuck with my guns.