Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jack

 2010_0705earlyjuly0002 Jack just keeps us in stitches.  He is our family clown, sometimes on purpose but usually just because he’s five, and his 5 year old thoughts and sayings and doings are just so funny. 

For instance…

Last week in the grocery store, he got my attention ("Mom! Mom! Hey Mom!"), then said, in a deep, Darth Vader-like voice, “BETH, I AM YOUR SON.”  Which got such a good laugh from me, he changed it to “BETH, I AM YOUR DAUGHTER’S BROTHER.” Which made me laugh even more, so he stretched it to “BETH, I AM YOUR PINEAPPLE” and “BETH, I AM YOUR DONUT”, which weren’t as funny, but still.

~~~

Grandma H. was visiting our pool, so she took off her watch and glasses.  Jack couldn’t resist the temptation, so he put them on and said he was going to do a grandma “compression”.  He sat down and told us to count to three.  We did, and he slowly pulled himself out of the chair, with a groan, just like grandma.  (You can probably guess that whenever grandma wants to stand up, she 2010_0612swimcousins0021asks us to count to three to get her started.)  Luckily grandma got the joke and wasn’t at all offended.  We hope.

~~~

His favorite song is “That’s Not My Name” by the Ting-Tings.  He can’t NOT dance when that song comes on, and boy can he dance.  He’s got the butt-wiggle and the arm moves down.  But his words?  Not so much.

Their lyrics:
Four letter word just to get me along
It's a difficulty and I'm biting on my tongue and uh
I keep stalling and keeping me together
People around gotta find something to say now

Jack’s lyrics:
Four letter word just a getting along
It’s a dippity and I’m biting on my toe, yeah
A veet snot and  keep me together.
Fooling around and fye-sumpin-a-say-nah.

~~~

Recently he asked me if he could have a piece of gum from our goodie box.  I assented, he got his gum from the box, looked at me, and said, “And may I get you some gum, my good woman?”

~~~

2010_0612swimcousins0039




















36673_1484175620437_1115268973_31415841_8051518_n
(photo credit  for last photo to Shelley S…thanks, Shelley!)

You just gotta love him.

7 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

LOL...you knew I loved you, but 5 comments!! The comment wasn't working earlier, I guess it was on delay!! Going to delete 4 of the comments!!

Deb said...

HA, Jack! Thanks for the good laughs, dude.

Deb said...

Also too, BETH, I AM YOUR FRIEND WHO HAS PICTURES OF YOU AS A B-52. Nice legs, lady.