Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Instagram

So are you ready for a bunch of lame-o pictures?

Yes, please!

 IMG_4760

Back at the beginning of the month, as I was making deviled eggs for a Super Bowl party we attended, the movie pictured above was showing!  I loved this movie!  It came out when I was in college, and the Roxy, our only theatre in little old Lock Haven, showed this movie for three straight months.  Needless to say, my friends and I got to know it pretty well.

Whenever annoying children happened to walk into the kitchen, generally with the common goal of bugging me, I’d shush them saying things like, “Go away!  Baby’s about to get pulled out of her corner!”  or “Seriously, people, have some respect! Johnny is sooo tortured and overacting here….this is an awesome scene!” I loved Jennifer Grey’s hair most of all. It was like another character in the movie for me.  Now I follow her on Instagram:

IMG_4832

It was a great Super Bowl party too (thank you Sue!), the food was amahzing, though I couldn’t tell you anymore who played, so hopefully you know already.

One day I opened up my Jack’s iPad and found this picture on the screen as the new background. 

IMG_0147

Yes, I’d say he’s taken complete control of the iPad and has appointed himself President and Historian and I am just hoping I’ll be given the right to vote when the time comes.

Forge Road Elementary 5th grade held their Talent Show in February.  Ben applied to be the host, but that job was given to someone else (who was absolutely hilarious…that kid is going places!) so he decided he would be part of the stage crew.  I didn’t take my camera, knowing that he was only going to be behind the scenes, but I did snap this (bad) picture when they all gathered on the steps to pose for the crazed paparazzi (mamarazzi??)

IMG_0133

It was a great show!  There was a lot of typical 5th grade talent-y stuff (Justin Bieber wannabes and trumpet solos), and there were a couple of amazing acts in there too.  It was a thoroughly entertaining evening!

IMG_4806

Well, I’m almost through Season 3 of Downton Abbey, and then I will be all caught up. Which will be a darn stinkin’ shame, because I don’t think the next season will be for another year!  Boooooooooo.  Spoiler Alert….stop reading if you haven’t seen all of Season 3…  I knew to expect stuff with Sybil and Matthew because I saw they both wanted out of the show, but Sybil’s death was just heartbreaking!  Oh my gosh, I loved the take where the camera was on Mary from Sybil’s point of view and Mary was saying something like, “Sybil, Dahling, Sybil!” and then all of a sudden Mary looks shocked and she backs up in utter fear…then they show Sybil turning all white as she dies.  Good editing, Mr. Fellowes!  I haven’t seen Matthew’s death yet, but I know it’s coming.  And I know Mr. Bates is going to be set free, and I just can’t wait!  I hate him in that prison, and am glad they’re springing him out soon.  Poor Branson.  Poor Edith. Poor Ethel.   And Lord Crawley, get your head out of your privileged butt and let Matthew take reins of the estate before he dies, you dummyhead. I like him so much, but he has seemed a little bit like a bumbling idiot this season.  Enough already.  But I found this funny blog if you’re interested!

Woo hoo!  The geese are on their way home.  I cannot wait for warm weather!

IMG_0220

Look what book I found at the library!  I’m thinking of suing the author for stealing my non-copyrighted name.  That’ll show her. 

IMG_4827

I know I showed you photos of Maddie’s Spelling Bee Interview in my last post, but I forgot this one.  The host noticed Maddie’s swim ribbons, which she had neatly organized the weekend before, hanging in her bedroom.  She thought it would be a cute shot to have Maddie throwing them in the air, and it was, though they never used the shot.  P.S.  the ribbons are all still laying on Maddie’s floor.

IMG_4828

Last Sunday Maddie wanted to make cupcakes.  I suggested a box mix and icing in a can because I had 5 loads of laundry on the floor, the grocery shopping to do, a geometry test and narrative dialogue essays to correct, and a house to clean, but she wanted to do homemade.  I pulled out my cookbook, said “Go for it” and then headed to the grocery store.  When I came back, she had made the cupcakes!  Now I was a little more interested.    I helped her a teeny bit with the peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache, which we had both seen on Pinterest, and the result was these little cups of joy:

IMG_0183IMG_4826

And even though I’ve been dieting, these I ate.  And they were totally delicious and worth it and I apologized to Maddie for being a grump and I’m glad she talked me into it.

This week my baby missed every single day of school.

IMG_0185

He had a fever for over 6 days,  a little throwing up, and now some coughing.  Thank goodness Dave was home all week. I missed being able to take care of him though.

IMG_4792

And finally, I’ll end with some happy valentines…I got my first school valentines for the first time in thirteen years!

Here’s looking forward to March…and no lions, just lambs PLEASE!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love Dirty Dancing too! You and Dave should be Johnny and Baby for Halloween this year; start practicing your dance moves!