Friday, March 29, 2013

March Instagram

March: In like a lion, out like a son-uv-a…

Ahem.

I’m a little annoyed with March this year.  Can you tell?  April had better be a freaking improvement.

Let’s go back in time to the beginning of March, shall we? A time when hope reigned, spirits soared, and yet another child stayed home sick from school:

First this one…

IMG_0185   and then this one…IMG_0224

and finally Ben, although Dave never got a picture of him.   And Maddie also started Easter vacation off sick, though she’s recovering.  Funny story (it’s a funny story because I look like a total dork in it so I know you sicko people will love it):  yesterday I called the Nurse Care Line that comes with our insurance, because  I wasn’t sure  if I should take Maddie to the doctor or not.  Unfortunately, the line kept cutting out, so I gave the nurse our landline instead of my cell number to call back.  After waiting for a few minutes, the nurse finally called back on my cell.  “Ma’am,” she said, ever so gently, “I think you gave me your mother’s number instead of your own.”  Yes.  That’s right.  Though I haven’t lived with my parents in about 25 years, when asked for my home phone number, that was the one I supplied.  Dork.

~

Did you get your Shamrock Shake???

IMG_4892

~

A lovely weekend that was warm enough for biking + crocuses =

IMG_4894  +  IMG_4844  =

IMG_4898

SNOW!  Not a 2 Hour Delay kind of Snow.  Just slushy, cold, stupid snow. 

(Photo through my classroom window).

~

Dave and I had a date night and went to see my bratty brother Dave play at The Annville Grille.  He was so great.  I really hate to admit it, but he was just so excellent and entertaining.  He’s still a brat though.

IMG_4853

~

We went to Chocolate World.

IMG_4842

~

And then it snowed AGAIN.

IMG_0247

~

Maddie had her first middle school track meet, and it was so darn cold it took me hours to warm up afterwards.  STUPID MARCH!!

IMG_0255

Of course she and all of the other kids were wearing shorts and it was easily in the twenties counting the very brisk wind chill factor, so I guess I should stop being a whiney baby.

~

I found this taped to the front door one Saturday morning:

IMG_4848

(Beware:  Attack Guinea Pig on Duty).

~

Speaking of front doors, we got another bird’s nest on our wreath!

I stood very still waiting by the door with my camera in hand to snap a picture of the returning bird and I got him!  Do you see him in the upper right part of the picture?  He’s actually coming in for a landing…not perched on the wreath.

IMG_0265

Jack, also know as The Amazing Climber Boy of Doom, got up high for a closer look:

IMG_4929

And then Dave removed the nest and stuck it in a bush because frankly, we don’t want the mess on the front porch again.  Jeers to us, I know.  But cheers to the happy birds who will find that nest someday and move in without having to make their own.  They will be glad we did what we did.

~

Palm Sunday:  AKA Whack-Your-Sister-In Church-Day.

IMG_4890

Maddie always makes her palm into a cross, isn’t it cool?

IMG_4889

~

I found a new recipe on Pinterest that everyone liked! 

IMG_0248

Had I known it was going to be such a hit, I’d have taken a picture before we were almost all out.   Also, it tasted better than this picture looks.  Basically, you cube potatoes, cut up fresh (not precooked) sausage (we like Premio Sweet Sausage), chop up an onion, and throw a half a jar of banana pepper rings in there too.  Toss it all in a bowl with about  2-3 T of olive oil, some sea salt and pepper, and I threw in some Garlic Garlic too.  Then spread it all out on a baking sheet and roast it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30-35 min.  I’m not kidding.  EVERYONE loved it.

~

And finally…Easter!  But I’m not going to show you my Easter pictures yet.  So far I have the egg hunt, our yearly Candy Field Trip and the Painting of the Eggs, but we haven’t made our bunny cake yet nor have we actually had Easter, so I think I’m just going to put all of those things together for next week.  But here’s a sneak preview since I like you guys so much:

DSCF1967

Jack with the Easter Armadillo.  What?  You’ve never heard of the Easter Armadillo? 

You people have got to get out more.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Great pictures, as always! Maddie looks like a serious runner!Birds are quite stupid, aren't they? I mean, they make nests in the dumbest places. The next time you make the sausage recipe, I'll be over for dinner.