Friday, August 16, 2013

Cape May the Sequel

What do Wolfes do when it rains?

DSCF2687

Homerun Derby!  For almost 3 hours.

DSCF2686

DSCF2701

DSCF2700

This is what my mother-in-law and I did while they were playing (it was my day to have the flu, though I’m telling you right now, I wouldn’t have lasted 3 hours out there anyway).

DSCF2698

The kids had fun burying each other in the sand this year.  Here’s Nick, (almost) completely covered:

IMG_0565

After that they told Jack they were going to cover him up, and they gave him sunglasses and told him to keep his eyes closed so he wouldn’t get sand in them.

IMG_5981

And then they made him into a mermaid!

IMG_5979

And when he found out what they had done, he got the biggest kick out of it!

IMG_5978

Ben celebrated his birthday at the beach (as usual) and he asked for a cookie cake again, which I ordered the day before from the local Acme.  When I picked it up, Maddie and I laughed so hard at it.  She thought we should give it back and ask them to do it again, but my thought was, “How many people are lucky enough to get balloon turds on their birthday cake?”

DSCF2840

Trust me.  They looked like turds in person.

Jack bought himself some new pets!  Meet Eddie and Michelle! 

IMG_6031

Jack just liked the name Eddie, and Michelle is named after Jack’s future third grade teacher.

We always take family pictures, and this one is my favorite this year.  The future Mr. and Mrs. better get used to the paparazzi!

DSCF2832

We had a lovely time at the beach, and were very sad to head home.  I was especially sad, since I knew I was heading back for a week of in-service.

DSCF2883

But that’s okay.

DSCF2580

Because we’ll always have those memories, right?

DSCF2766

DSCF2871

WHATEVER!  Take me back, Cape May!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Trust me. They look like turds onine, too.

The flu? Really?

Laughed at the mermaid!

INSERVICE, YAY!!! Because you know that what means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!