Saturday, August 24, 2013

Good News!

Last Thursday, my school district offered me a contracted position in 4th grade!  I had been planning to return to school this fall continuing the long-term substitute position in 5th grade, but found it hard to pass up the contracted position. 

IMG_6056

                                 Michelle and Eddie out for a drive.

Unfortunately, I had gotten my fifth grade classroom completely set up already.  I had even copied almost everything I needed for the entire month of September.  And I had to say goodbye to all of it and head to my new, much smaller, completely messed up classroom.  The teacher who left his position had boxed up everything to take with him, when he found out that he couldn’t take anything that had been bought by the PTO or the school district, which meant I had to unpack everything before even beginning to set up my room. 

Maddie helped me out a lot.  I think I totalled her hours in there with me around at least 11.

IMG_6061

She cut out lamination, she helped put up bulletin boards, she put names on lunch sticks, she got me extra desks and chairs, she passed books out onto desks, etc. etc. etc. 

IMG_0607

                                                   Herbert is ready for school.

On Thursday I had open house and I was ready!  On Friday I got ready for Monday (the first day of school).  This weekend I will get ready for the rest of the week.  I am excited.

I am ready to be back.  FOREVER.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey! Congratulations!!