Monday, February 15, 2010

DIY DYE

Well, I did it.

The blond streaks were just too much to maintain so I broke down and bought some hair dye.  I actually bought the box about 4 weeks ago, but it took me this long to get up the nerve to do it.  Light Natural Brown is what the box told me.

I was ready to do it in mid-January, but then a friend mentioned that she read that going darker is aging for women, and then she backed up that little snippet of information with actual pictorial proof:  two pictures of Madonna, one blond and one brunette, and darnit if Madonna didn’t look much younger as a blond.
   
These weren’t the pictures she showed me, but you can still see it.

However, this morning, both the gray hairs and my dark brown roots were laughing at me in the mirror, cruelly mocking me.  Hair can be so mean. 

So I did it.

And it’s not too bad.  In fact, I feel a little like Brooke Shields when I walk around the house with my luscious brown locks, swishing my hair around coquettishly, flashing my well paid Colgate smile at Jack.  And then I look in the mirror, and realize I totally don’t look like Brooke, really kind of very, very unlike Brooke, if truth be told.  But when I’m not looking in the mirror, I kind of forget the actual shade and lack of lusciousness and feel like Brooke again.

Brooke and I look okay as brunettes, even if Madonna doesn’t.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Where's the pic of your new do????? Come on, a before and after please!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

I agree...before and after pictures?? I liked when your hair was brown before. I am sure you look great!

Deb said...

What she(s) said! I'm such a freak when it comes to hair/change (well, change of any kind if I'm being honest), but I love when others do it. I'm sure it looks beautiful on you.

Wendy said...

Beth, Posted an award for you on my blog, if you want to stop over and grab it!!
Wendy