Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Mighty Ben

I wish I had a picture of this story to share with you, but I wasn’t home when it happened.  I heard about it later from Dave, and although I have a pretty darn good picture of it going on in my head, I’m not sure I can do my head picture justice for you.

You know those kids who think they’re Superman and they jump off the roof thinking they can fly?  Well, luckily, that’s not what this story was about, but it is sorta, kinda like that.

I believe I mentioned Ben’s love of all things Super Hero a few years ago.  As a result, he’s got quite an impressive collection of super hero/police/army guys/Star Wars costumes.  He really doesn’t wear them anymore, but he still keeps them in his room, close to his heart.  Awwwww.

So Ben bounds down the stairs wearing his padded Batman costume.  You know, the kind that has molded abs and lots of padding at the arms and shoulders to make the kid look like a buff, tough fighter of crime.  Well, he bounds down, makes a Mr. Universe muscle-flexing pose and tells Jack in his manly-est voice, Just try to hurt me.”

Jack, who is playing with his matchbox cars, looks up, considers his options, and whips a Pontiac at Ben, hitting him square in his completely unpadded chin.  BatBen beats a hasty, tearful retreat to Daddy, who’s sitting a mere 6 feet away, and tells on Jack.

So much for those invincibility powers he was hoping for. 

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I promise I really DO feel sorry for BatBen, his chin and his pride. However I cannot stop laughing at that story.... "go ahead and just try to hurt me". Awwww....

By the way Beth, I love the orange background. Your pictures just seem to JUMP out of my computer screen! :)