Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Eggs-tra

The week before Easter was a busy one:  we had a our candy field trip, an egg hunt, school parties, and I had a house to clean and food to prepare as I was hosting family for Easter dinner.  I just never got around to posting our egg dye photos (I also never got around to ironing the Easter outfits, but I’m not Wonder Woman).

We had a few snafus along the way.  First of all, I bought this little contraption years ago, and every Easter we begin our egg decorating by pounding out our frustrations in a colorful, noisy, and completely satisfying way.  2010_0330eggdye00072010_0330eggdye0003 The kids take turns choosing dyes to put in the bottom section, then they pound the pink button on the top which makes the egg spin and jump around in the dye.  You never know what your egg is going to look like when it's all finished.  It’s a lot of fun, but not very creative so we only do a few eggs each that way.  Unfortunately this year it broke down after just a few eggs got their turns.  At least everyone had a chance to smack that thing before it went to egg dye heaven.

Then came the best part.  We don’t dip our eggs, we use Hinkle’s dye and paint our eggs with Q-tips.  So I set out the dyes and reminded everyone that there is only a little bit of dye in each bottle, so we must be careful not to…

Um, yes, I spilled most of the pink.

And then I spilled a little yellow.

So our eggs are all slightly more green and purple and blue, but that’s okay.
 
Lots of concentration:
2010_0330eggdye0019

Lots of concentration and a little snot:
2010_0330eggdye0011

Lots of concentration and a little mugging for the camera:
2010_0330eggdye0026

2010_0330eggdye0024

2010_0330eggdye00302010_0330eggdye0045
2010_0330eggdye0055

They aren’t works of art, but don’t tell my kids that.  Each proudly thought his or her eggs were the most beautiful.  I hope you had a Happy Easter!

No comments: