Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Real Circle of Life

Honestly, I ignore a countertop for a day or two and this is what happens:
2010_0928counter0001
Hey, I know!  Let’s play I Spy!

I Spy some Legos, some Nerf darts, a plate,
G Homework, a chrysalis, a sock that needs a mate.
A bag of parade candy, a stuffed guinea pig,
Dried cornflakes, dried milk, and a dried out twig.
Broken sunglasses, a t.v. remote,
A blue sippy cup and a navy blue coat.
Two days worth of mail and a matchbox car
The  covered up color of our breakfast bar.
~~~
Wow!  That was fun!

So then I cleaned it up.  Maddie was even able to (unhappily) do her homework without taking her arm and sliding piles of stuff out of her way.
2010_0928counter0007 
[By the way, can You Spy the Smartie in the picture above? (the candy, not my daughter)]

Unfortunately, now Jack has taken over the coffee table in the living room. 
2010_0928counter0005

Here we go again…

3 comments:

corners of my life said...

I am trying to predict how long the counter stayed neat and tidy. Hmmmm, 36 hours?

Tiffanee said...

Love it!! I can never keep mine clean. It lasts for five minutes. I love the I-Spy!! I am going to have to try it out! Thanks for the sweet post and for making me smile!

Wendy said...

Tony enjoyed your I spy game!! He also says Hi to Maddie :)
Wendy