Thursday, July 11, 2013

15 Years!

Fifteen years ago today, Dave and I tied the knot! 

IMG_5785

                                Ah, to be young and thin again.

To celebrate, we left the kids with my in-laws (thank you so much, Julie and Al!) and we headed to Erie.  As you can imagine, we engaged in a LOT of romantic type activities.  (Wink wink-nudge nudge-snort). 

IMG_5746IMG_0280

                                                          Oh YEAH!  Tandem beach reading along Lake Erie!  We are so wild!

No, really.   We totally enjoyed each other’s company, if you know what I mean…

IMG_5753  

                                             Mmmmm.  Thanks for sharing your twelve incher with me, honey!

Seriously, though, we had a lovely time.  Besides exploring Presque Isle State Park/relaxing on the beach there, we also visited three wineries and enjoyed wine tastings at each of them.

IMG_5758IMG_5762

My favorite was a cherry wine.  The wine tasting girl gave me a Hershey Kiss and instructed me to take a sip of the wine, eat the kiss, then have another sip of the wine…and it totally tasted like a chocolate covered cherry!

My in-laws held down the fort with lots of swimming, lots of eating out, and a bonus field trip to Gettysburg.  The thing the kids remembered most about the trip?  A drive by Dave’s former frat house…which apparently looked pretty run-down.  Hard to imagine daddy living in such a place. 

Jack set the timer on the iPad to start counting down right after we left.  He gave us updates whenever we called (“You’ve been gone 19 hours and 36 minutes!”)  Which is why I know that our time away lasted exactly 50 hours, 50 minutes, 19 seconds.  

Anywho, it was a very fast, very fun almost 51 hours, full of relaxation,  lots and lots of reading and hot dogs, and time with my best friend.

 IMG_5752

5 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary! What was Dave reading? What were you reading? I need the frat house address, so I can incorporate that into our annual summer trip to Gettysburg. And now I'm hungry for hot dogs, by which I mean that I want an actual hot dog. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Sue Cifuentes said...

Ahhhhhh....what a nice post! Happy Anniversary!

corners of my life said...

Congratulations!
You look just as cute "now as then".
Darn that lake Erie - we live about 50 mile west of it and it gives us endless snow all winter.

stephanie said...

Glad you were able to get away! Happy 15th!!

Deb said...

<3 Gotta love love.