Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Outer Banks (sigh...)

What happens in the Outer Banks, stays in the Outer Banks.

Unfortunately.

Here are some things I'd like to take home with me:
-Duh, the ocean.
-Live-in cousins who keep my children entertained.
-Shoes? Fuhgettaboutit!
-A cocktail at one in the afternoon (on the beach!) is perfectly acceptable.
-Bagels for breakfast (carbs be damned!)
-Seashell collecting...soo much more fun than leaf collecting.
-The background sound of the ocean instead of mooing cows.
-Sitting around reading all day is not only permissible, it is encouraged.
-Adult conversation at dinner. Enough said.
-Youngest child so exhausted he asks to go to bed. Really.
-An ultra-relaxed husband. Happens once a year, and this is it.
-Trips to Walmart-ZERO
-Unlimited use of sand, sun, salty sea air, and the roaring Atlantic Ocean.

I'll add pictures in my next post...I've got some good ones this year as my new camera has a great zoom on it!

No comments: