Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday

We had a nice but busy Saturday.  In between 3 loads of laundry, the big weekly grocery shopping trip, some bush trimming, and the removal of a dead and stinky mouse from our attic, we also squeezed in two parades and a campfire.

Hold on just one stinkin’ minute.  Did that say “dead mouse” in the “attic”?  No.  It did not.  There was no dead mouse in the attic.  There are no mice in my house.  Not no-how, not no-way.   Absolutely not, that is positively ridiculous.

So we went to the holiday parade where Maddie joined Grandma with the Red Hat Ladies.  I wrote more about that here last year.  I really didn’t get a single good picture there this year, but I still feel the need to give you a visual so here you go.

2010_1120carrotcake0060

Then we came home and got started on the laundry and the bushes and the dead mou…

I mean, the grocery shopping.  Yeah, that’s right, the grocery shopping.  Ben and Jack decided to put on a parade while all this was going on.  I looked up at one point to see this…

2010_1120carrotcake0067

…taped to the hall mirror.  At 12:10 on the dot, they yelled for us to take our places along the parade route. 

2010_1120carrotcake0069

2010_1120carrotcake0070

It was over pretty fast, but quite a show.  Certainly enough to take my mind off the dead…

Ahem.

As the day wound down, Dave decided to light up the firepit one last (I hope) time before putting it away for the winter.  Ben and I did not want to be there.  We do not like the cold.  Or mice.  Although there weren’t any mice, so that was not an issue! 

2010_1120carrotcake0079

In this photo, Dave’s trying to convince Ben to stay.  But Ben only lasted a few minutes.  And then I snuck inside after a few times through SpongeBob’s “C-a-m-p-f-i-r-e-s-o-n-g Song” song.  Though it’s truly one of SpongeBob’s more inspired tunes, it was still not enough to make me stay outside in the shivering, smoky cold. 

Then showers for all and iCarly for them and football for Dave and blogging for me and DEAR GOD THERE WAS A DEAD MOUSE IN THE ATTIC A STINKY DEAD MOUSE WHO PROBABLY HAS FRIENDS WHO MISS HIM AND HAVE SENT OUT A SEARCH PARTY OH MY HEAVENS EW EW EW EW EW EW NOOOOOOO!!!!

I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting much sleep tonight so if you see me tomorrow with dark circles under my eyes, shaky hands, and quite possibly standing on a chair, you will know why.

5 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Just lay in bed tonight and say over and over..." There are no mice in my house, there are no mice in my house..." Say it three times and click your heels. That does the trick every time! I love hometown parades, but I think a home parade is even better! That is awesome!

Jen said...

I'll be sure to send the carpenter ants that are hibernating in my walls that my husband has yet to call about over to your house!!!

stephanie said...

Oh my, you're not hosting book group anytime soon are you? My biggest fear ever......MICE! Did you hear something in the attic or what made you think you had a mouse? Seriously, I'm scared to death of them!

corners of my life said...

A home parade sounds quite normal to me. Your children remind me of my own when they were little. The only difference would be that my daughter would have been in charge telling them all what to do. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

We had a dead mouse in our stove once - some odor isn't it!!?

mrs. c said...

I too have a great fear of mice, several years ago I received candy from my students for Christmas. I left the sack in the trunk of my NEW CAR! When I went out to get some candy for hubby, I discovered shredded paper and little teeth marks. I had a mouse in my new car! I laid out newspaper and set 2 traps. All I wanted for Christmas was the mouse in the trap...and I got it!