Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Swim Photo Fail

Maddie’s on our local swim team and loves it.  And you just know I’m at every meet with my camera in hand, trying my darnedest to zoom in and get that perfect shot of her popping out of the water for a breath.  Unfortunately, I haven’t even come close, because winter swim meets all take place indoors with fluorescent lighting, so everything’s slightly blurry and a little dark.

And also, neither the camera nor the photographer is the greatest.

DSCF7732

It’s kind of freaky the way it appears that she’s looking right at me!

DSCF7738

Even set on the Sport Setting, everything was blurry, darnit!

DSCF7741

Nice shot of her chin and nostrils.

DSCF8086

Hey look!  It’s Deb from Confessions of an Ugly Mom’s son, Mason!  Still blurry but he’s looking good!

Do you see any familiar faces in the crowd??

DSCF7754

Rude, dude.

But finally last week, we had a meet at a pool with a wall of windows!

DSCF8126

Maddie’s the one at the top of the picture.

And that made all the difference!

DSCF8131

By the way, did you know that when you win a swim meet, you get to throw your coaches in the pool?

DSCF7777

Good thing they all know how to swim!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I actually see four of my neighbors in the crowd shot! Lighting makes all the difference I guess. I would demand that you only swim in places that have natural lighting! Don't they know you are a very famous blogger who needs material and photos for said blog. See how that goes over!

Kathryn said...

Natural light does make a huge difference! Are you using a point and shoot? I love the shot of her doing the backstroke with the water droplets! The color and the frozen droplets is so cool. We are in cheerleading mode right now and then on to tee ball!

Deb said...

That's amazing. GREAT photos at Meet #2. Though I will say I also like the "nostril" shot because, in addition to Maddie's lovely nostrils, the water looks funky. (And I'm wondering if my husband could possibly hang anything else from his body.) Thanks for the one of Mason -- I've given up.

And also too, I'm very excited to be commenting again. Apparently my new printer was fighting with IE and, in particular, blogger, so I've been locked out of the blogger world until I reinstalled tonight. It's good to be back.

Tara said...

I like all of the pictures, blurry or not! The one with Maddie's arm up and the water droplets falling all around is amazing though!