Friday, April 27, 2012

Dandelions

I love dandelions.  I know they’re a weed, but I really love seeing a yard or a field full of them, both the yellow flower and the lacy white puffball, I think they’re so pretty!  When Maddie and Ben were little I took some photos of them in a dandelion field, and my three favorite photos hold a place of honor over the toilet in my master bath.

I don’t know what Dave has against the sweet, simple dandelion, but he wages a constant battle against them.

DSCF9031

The other night while Dave wasn’t paying attention, Jack decided to spread a few dandelion seeds.

DSCF9044

But the first thing he did was get the puffball too close to his mouth.

DSCF9045

But then he tried again.

DSCF9046

DSCF9052

Success!

He could only find about five or 6 lone dandelions spread throughout the entire yard, but he blew them all.

DSCF9040

DSCF9042

So maybe next year we’ll be able to take some updated Kids in the Dandelions photos to update that all important area over my toilet.

DSCF9055

3 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

Or you can come over here. If you haven't noticed, we think they are an extra-special plant, worthy of our yard. ;)

Tara said...

amazing pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Crickit said...

You are an excellent photographer! Awesome pics!