Monday, June 18, 2012

Cake Batter Cookies

I found this one on Pinterest.  It was easy and total hit with the kids at a recent pool party.

DSCF9977

Cake Batter Cookies

18.25 oz box white cake mix

1 t. baking powder

2 eggs

1/2 c. oil

1/2 t. vanilla

1 c. colorful sprinkles (jimmies)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mix well.  Add sprinkles last.  Place by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes then remove to a cooling rack. 

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

*Note-I bought a box mix that already had sprinkles in it, and when I got home I realized it was only a 15 oz box!  I had to open another box mix and add 3 more ounces of yellow cake mix to make sure the quantities were correct.  And my cookies didn’t look nearly as sprinkly and colorful as the people who made theirs with a plain cake mix and a cup of  jimmies.   (I did add some mini coated chocolate chips, which tasted good, but didn’t look nearly as pretty and colorful.)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Okay, I made it in! But still, I'm not sure if this will show up in my Reader or emailed to me. If you don't see me back, next update, just assumed that it didn't.
Alright now, deliver a baker's dozen to me now!
Your Friend, m.