Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stuff We’re Doing

Howdy!  I’m sure you’ve been asking yourself lately, “I wonder how things are going at Beth’s house…I know she wasn’t crazy about summer vacation arriving.  Maybe I should bake her some brownies and bring them over or possibly arrange to take her children for the afternoon?”  

Well, I have to say that now that the kids have been out of school two weeks to the day, I think things are going pretty well!  I’ve been keeping them busy, though not too busy, as I think they need their summer downtime, and I also like them to be responsible for figuring out how to fill in the gaps of free time.  We’ve had a few things going on, though, so let me share…

maddie jack poolmaddieand friends

That awesome pool floaty already has a hole in it.  Seriously! I tell myself every year, don’t spend big bucks on the pool floaties, they are just going to get holes in them, and every year I ignore my advice.  This was a very awesome floaty though for the 12 hours we used it.

We have been having lots of pool time though.

sunset jumpkid soup

                                                                                                                                                         I think there’s room for one more kid in that front left corner.

My kids get tired of the pool somewhere around the third week of summer vacation, so please put me on your church’s Prayer Chain.

~We celebrated Father’s Day for the best dad in the world by making him grill us steaks for dinner and then making him throw us (them) in the pool and then helping us make (and eat) these and then setting off some of these…

firepitsmores

smores-2fireworks

No wonder he’s so darn pooped.

dave sleepy

DSCF0003

~It’s usually just Ben and me in the early mornings, since Maddie and Jack like to sleep in.

ben morning

Ben’s never been much of a sleeper, though you would think all the energy he puts into jumping over houses would tire him out some…

ben jumping

                                                                            And look!  He got a major haircut!!!

~We went to the St. Paul’s Bazaar where Jack did this and this…

spin artjack fish

Spin art!  Oh, yes, and also.  He won another fishThis one (briefly named Fishy Wishy) didn’t make it ‘til the morning, and then he cried so much that I agreed to get the aquarium down out of the attic and fill it up with tropical fish again.  I am such a sucker.

fish-001

Also at the bazaar the kids did that running bungee cord thing.  I don’t know what the heck it’s called but I would like one for my backyard.  You’ve got a bungee cord attached to you and you’ve got to run as hard as you can and stick a velcro beanbag onto the center thingy further than your opponent. 

ben bungee

Ha!  Ben’s bungee cord didn’t let him go far!  This game is hours of fun for all observers, let me tell you!

~We had a cookout at Grandma Wolfe’s house, and Uncle Mike and Aunt Nicole brought Ozzie, one of our favorite dogs in the world.

ozzie

              For the record, Dave did not share one bite of that sausage sandwich with poor old Ozzie.

~Look, Tara, just for you, a picture of me!  (And also of Maddie, whatevs.)

maddie glasses

                                                           Thanks Sue C. for suggesting this pose!

~The other day, while I was sitting at the computer minding my own business, I felt something hit me in the head.  It was a paper airplane.  With a message on it…

fart note

So I’d just like to say, brownies would be lovely, and my children are available at any time if you’d like to entertain them.

P.S. For the record, I have never, ever farted.  I just don’t even know where he’d get such an idea.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Ben looks so different with that new hair! I would never recognize him! Especially since I've never met him. And look! A picture of you! You look great and I have decided to only have my picture taken in sunglasses reflections from now on. And by the way, are you sure Ozzie is eyeing up the sausage? 'Cause I'm pretty sure he's looking at Dave's forearms.

Deb said...

Seriously. Stop farting.

Deb said...

Snort.

Matt told me about Ben's haircut, and I do love the new 'do.

Mark said...

How do all you broads know each other? It's like some secret club you got goin' up in here!
That's so cool how Ben is able to leap over tall houses in a single bound. That's SUPER!
Since I'm new here, I'm trying to figure out how many kids you have. The pool scene didn't help.
Your Friend, m.
p.s. I wasn't notified of this update. I just saw our email exchange and was able to get back here. Oh well! m.

Tara said...

Mark, we all know each other because beautiful, witty, highly-intelligent people just naturally gravitate towards each other!

ellieskeck2 said...

LOVE the pictures! Ellie and I think you are quite possibly the funniest person in the world. :)

stephanie said...

Where should i start.....

There is a conspiracy against pool owners and the makers of fun floaty things! When company comes I hide all the expensive rafts because I want to enjoy them and not have some snotty nose kid ruin all my fun! In fact I hid them from my own children too!

Can't believe you let Ben jump over the house after Mattie had that little accident with the second story window! I'm calling child services!

Lastly, I have never even said that "F" word out loud. My least favorite word in the whole English language.

That is all.