Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer List From A-Z

I was thrilled when Jack brought home a worksheet from school called “The ABC’s of Summer”! Here is how he (alphabetically) sees the summer:

A-awesome   B-Boston C-Cape May   D-Dairy Queen  E-Easy   F-Fun   G-Good  H-Hot  I-Ice Cream   J-Jersey K-Knoebel’s  L-Limit  (I asked him about this one---he meant unlimited fun) M-Mom  (I told him, “Woo hoo!  You are going to spend more time with Mom!”  and he said, “I couldn’t think of anything else for M.”  Little stinker.)  N-  Nice O-Ocean   P-Pool Party   Q-Quit   R-Rainbow Snow (local ice cream place we love)   S-Shay (his friend)   T-Terrific   U-Umbrella   V-Very hot  W-Waves   X-Xylophone (because X is always xylophone)   Y-Yippee   Z-Zebra 

There will be some carryover into my ABC list. 

Last summer I think I accomplished almost everything on my list.  If I recall correctly (and I probably don’t) we did not get to a Drive-In Movie, do the Rails to Trails bike ride, or make our own sidewalk paint. I pinned a sidewalk paint recipe on Pinterest, so maybe that will help me get my act together for that one! If anyone wants to join us at the Drive-In in Dillsburg, let me know.   

Here’s my To Do List for the Summer:

A-arts and crafts-weekly and required participation!

B-Boardwalk in Wildwood

C-Cape May

D-Drive-In  Movie

E-Empire State Building/Ellen’s Stardust Diner

F-Fruit picking (raspberry, apricot, peaches, sour cherries)

G-Gross experiments (Ben got a kit for Christmas that we haven’t even opened yet)

H-Hersheypark

I-Ice cream tour (hit all of the major ice cream places by the end of the summer)

J-Just Do It!  Actually do lots of the things I pinned on Pinterest with the kids!

K-ChalK Games and activities like Snail Hopscotch, Box It, and Four Square

L-Lancaster County tour, checking out the Amish lifestyle and I’d like to ride in a buggy

M-Martha Stewart’s ice pops

N-Number Bond practice (Jack), daily schoolwork (everyone)

O-OMG, is it August 27th yet?  No!  I will maintain a positive attitude!

P-Pool Parties, Photo Booth at the beach

Q-Quittie Park hikes

R-Rails to Trails bike ride

S-Statue of Liberty

T-Twister outdoors-spray paint circles on the grass!

U-Utilize 15 minutes of DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) every day for all four of us

V-Volunteer at church festival

W-Whale watching in Cape Cod

X-No X-rays!

Y-Yearly trip to Lititz-feeding the ducks, walking to Sturgis Pretzels for the tour, finishing our day at Wilbur Chocolate

Z-Zucchini bread from all the zucchini in our garden

DSCF4389DSCF4451DSCF4503

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I think Jack was onto something with "D." And frankly, your "K" is more questionable than his "X."

We need to do ours again this year, though ours was a big, old, unorganized mess. Which meant we didn't have to do anything for the pesky letters so that was kind of nice.

Let the fun begin!

(Is it August 27th yet?)

Tara said...

Grrr. . . I tried to leave a comment before and blogger gave me an error message. I just know after I write and post this one, the first one will show up and I'll look like a moron. I want you to take me with you to do "E" and "S"! Also, I can't do daily school work with my kids anymore because the 7th and 8th grade work is beyond my comprehension. blah