Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bug Poem

One cricket,

cricket1

Two crickets,

cricket2

Three crickets,

cricket3

Four,

cricket4

A cricket on a leaf boat, are there anymore?

DSCF1016

How about a spider with some babies on her back?

spider

(Sorry for bad photo, it brought on a panic attack). *

When you try to kill Ms. Creepy, all her babies will run

In thousands of directions! Whee! We’re having such fun!

Sweet baby grasshoppers grow up to be

grasshopper baby

Beady eyed monsters, don’t you agree?

grasshopper big

Dear Lord, another spider, sitting on our hose!

spider wolf

But that creepy guy is dead now, I whacked him on the nose.

*the photo of the spider on the purple pool noodle is mine, but I deleted it from my camera accidentally before saving it to my computer.  Luckily, I had posted it on Instagram, so I pulled it from there, but it didn’t transfer very well.

Jack had found that spider, and we quickly realized her back was crawling with hundreds of baby spiders. I was afraid to kill it (ew!) but Bug Boy agreed to do the dirty deed.  We got a shovel and he gave it a whack, and all the babies evacuated off their mother in hundreds of directions! There was lots of shrieking (and not just from me!)   I still have nightmares.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Cricket on a leaf boat is beautiful, and should most definitely be on display in an art gallery!

Deb said...

I was enjoying your poem until the FREAKING MAMA SPIDER! Dude. Seriously. That is a panic attack waiting to happen. The one on the hose is pretty nasty looking, too. You have yucky spiders, Beth.

But I like your crickets. I'll have to have Matt talk to your crickets some time. It's pretty cool.

ichi-ban critic said...

This blog is one of my favorites; love the bugs. Those crickets are some great looking crickets! The ones around my house are brown in color and aren't nearly as big. Did you know that "singing insects" are good luck, Jack is one lucky kid. Great photos!! Thought I would comment on this blog since I might be dead before you write the next one.