Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthday Boy

Jack turns 8 today!

new baby

                                                     Only minutes old and smiling.

Jack was my quickest delivery…two pushes and hello baby!  I remember crying, “Look at him, Dave!  Just look at him!” over and over, like I had never seen a new baby before.  Those three moments of births I was lucky enough to have are my favorite moments ever.  Hands down.

Can you believe that I didn’t have a camera when he was born?  Me!!!  We think it got thrown away on Ben’s birthday in August because we couldn’t find it after that, and we hadn’t gotten around to getting a new camera by the time Jack was born in October.  My mother-in-law took that photo above for me and the two photos we used for Jack’s birth announcements, so here’s a picture of her to say thank you for being my photographer (She’s holding a fussy Jack with my nephew Tyler).

grandma w, tyler, jack

Eventually we got another camera, and I haven’t stopped taking photos of him since.  Also of Maddie and Ben, but you know I would be lying if I said I take an equal number of photos of the kids.  Since Jack is the baby (and therefore kind of the cutest because of his age-- shhh don’t tell the big kids I said that) and because the big kids always seemed off at school or busy doing big kid things, I have A LOT of pictures of Jack).

102_0233

103_0321

                                                                          First try of solid food.  He did NOT like it.

104_0402

             He had to get used to a lot of kisses, and a little roughness, right from the start.

103_0368

                                                                        Jack was sick here, with a temperature.

105_0572

108_0838

Jack was a very happy baby.  He was also very busy, and once he started walking, around the age of 10 months, there was no stopping him, and he’s still the kid sitting on his head in many pictures, climbing every tree he can find, scaling fences, and generally driving me a little crazy.

108_0856

109_0958

jack on beach

Dave and I were in the middle of thinking about having a third baby when Jack decided to surprise us and made his own decision to become a member of the family, and good golly, am I so glad he did.  Jack keeps us laughing, (and never stops talking) and I predict a career in show business (if he can get over his shyness with strangers, that is).

113_1352

113_1318

                       Jack was sick on his first birthday.  I made him dig into cake anyway for the photo opp.  Bad mother.

He’s my Sweetheart Wuvvypants and I am so glad he’s mine.  Happy Birthday, to my eight year old baby.

DSCF1432

3 comments:

The Acri's said...

Truly a beautiful tribute to celebrate his birthday! I remember each "birth-day" for my babies with special fondness too! Love the photos! Happy Birthday to bug-boy!

Tara said...

Awww, I love the baby Jack pictures! Now I want to go dig out all of my baby Jack pictures, which means I'll spend the rest of the day looking at old pictures, drinking Dew and eating Doritos. In other words, Tuesday.

stephanie said...

What a cutie!!! Too bad he likes rodents! Happy Belated Birthday Jack!