Monday, October 15, 2012

Two Recipes and a Craft

Since nobody brought me any Snickerdoodle Brownies, I decided to make some myself.  Who needs you people, really?

The original recipe came from here.

I guess these should really be called Snickerdoodle Blondies since there’s no chocolate in there at all.  Anywho, they came out moist and delicious, and totally reminiscent of a Snickerdoodle cookie (which is one of my favorite childhood cookies).  Here’s the recipe, and it’s still not too late to get back in my good graces by bringing me a few.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
2 2/3 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla (this seemed like a lot, I think I only put in a half T.)
2 T. white gran. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 13x9 pan.  Cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients (though not the last two ingredients), and mix well.  Spread the batter, which will be very thick and dough-like, in your pan.  Mix together the final sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough.  My helper did this step for me. 
DSCF1381
Any guesses what his Halloween costume is going to be?

Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven, cool, and cut into squares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moving on to another great Pinterest find, Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies.

The original recipe came from here.  I would write it down here for you so you wouldn’t need to go some where else for the recipe, but I’m going to send you there, because I kind of enjoyed reading the snarky comments under the recipe.  Apparently, the blogger made the mistake of initially saying “soda” instead of “baking soda” and this caused a minor flurry of alarm and then spurred one commenter (Melissa Burton) to not only clarify what the blogger said, but to tell everyone how unclear the recipe was and say that she had made the blogger’s recipe and improved on it by adding cashews.  Another commenter made a comment like “if anyone thinks they should put actual soda pop in their cookies, they shouldn’t even be baking” or something similar.  Not a huge deal, but still fun reading!

Anyway, get yourself the recipe from there, and read the comments while you’re at it, but know that this recipe is easy peasy, makes about 6 dozen (mine are smaller than hers, I used about 1 T of dough per cookie), and is probably going to be my cookie exchange cookie this year (although I think I’m going to drizzle some chocolate over them to pretty them up for Christmas).
DSCF1518
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And last but not least, I found and made a three minute craft on Pinterest and really like how it turned out!  I wish I could tell you what fonts/letter sizes I used, but I can’t remember, and if you do it, I think you’ll have fun playing around with the fonts and finding one you like.
DSCF1521
DSCF1523
The first two dates are Dave’s and my birthdays, then our wedding date, then the kids’ birthdays.  When I went to the original site to give you the link, I found that the link is no longer available, sorry!  If you are on Pinterest, you can go to my DIY board and see a picture of the original pinner’s project (which looks way better than mine…it’s more like subway art.)  My Pinterest link is over on the right!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Crickit said...

The cookies look delish and the pinterest project looks great too! What a great idea!

Tara said...

I love Pinterest. I really do. I didn't love it right away though. At first, I was confused by it. But now it gives me so many wonderful recipes and ideas. I want to try the peanut butter nutella cookies! I'm off to pin it from your recipe board to mine!