Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Are you ready?  If not, shame on you for cutting it this close!  I would NEVER do that! 

This guy made it a little difficult this year:

IMG_4643

He was sick on Thursday with a fever and a bad cough.  He cried when I announced the Stay Home Today Verdict because he knew he’d be missing his Gingerbread House Making Party at school.   I reassured him that at least he’d make school the next day for Polar Express Pajama Party Day.

IMG_4650

Only he didn’t. 

Oh, he was sad.  We watched The Polar Express at home and ate popcorn with ginger ale and he made a gingerbread house out of the supplies his teacher had sent home the previous day with Ben.  But he missed the best two days of school so far this year and he knew it.

On Saturday, Ben and I had a date!  He asked if I would take him to Bath and Bodyworks for a gift for Maddie, and further suggested we go to Chocolate World and Wendy’s.  I have to tell you that the last thing I wanted to do on the Saturday before Christmas was head to the outlets and Chocolate World, but I also wondered how long Ben would actually still want to spend time with me, so I agreed.

IMG_4660

We actually ended up at Starbucks instead of Wendy’s and had a fabulous time.  I’m so glad we braved the crowds and hung out together.  He even went into The Loft with me without complaining so I could check out their sale, though I didn’t torture him by trying anything on.

Friday was Ugly Sweater Day at the middle school.  I was only a little offended when Maddie asked to check out my closet for something to wear.

IMG_4652

So here it is almost Christmas Eve and I still haven’t finished wrapping.  But that’s okay, because only overachievers and fancy-pants show-offs are all wrapped by Christmas Eve.  

Also, as previously promised, here are my two Christmas card pictures this year:

DSCF0900DSCF0909

Best wishes to you for a happy, HEALTHY Christmas, filled with ugly sweaters, and Starbucks, and no antibiotics, and very little fighting, and full stockings, and even fuller bellies, and love and good cheer and maybe even a guinea pig under your tree!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Or at least a guinea pig shirt.

Sorry to hear Jack was home sick, but thankfully he has a teacher for a mom and all the stuff for the gingerbread house and Polar Express party so it was just like he was in school! OK, no it wasn't. :(

Merry Christmas to you, Beth!

P.S. Nice sweater. Snort.

Tara said...

I started writing a comment and it grew longer and longer and longer and pretty soon it was a short novel and so I deleted it. And that, my friend, is my Christmas gift to you!
Merry Christmas!

corners of my life said...

Merry Christmas Beth and thank you for your always thoughtful blog.