Monday, December 3, 2012

Santa! We Know Him!

Sorry, I’ve been absent, I’ve been so busy.  (You did notice, didn’t you?  Please tell me you noticed.)  We did take time for this, however:

DSCF1622

Santa took a break from his busy schedule to visit the children in his summer neighborhood.  How lucky are we that we don’t need to wait in line at the mall?  Jack brought his list and some coupons he cut for Santa from the Target catalog, then Santa asked Maddie and Ben what they wanted, even though they have “moved on”, so to speak, and they obligingly told him what they wanted. 

Also, Saturday was Herbie’s birthday!  He was a little miffed that he didn’t get any fan mail, so I’m just mentioning it in case you felt like sending him a birthday card.  Not that you have to or anything.  Though it would be nice.  Your decision.

Our house is mostly decorated, although we can’t find the lighted garland we bought last year to decorate the front porch or our light-up snowman, or the wreath I put on the mirror over the fireplace!  Hopefully we’ll find it before I stop caring, but for now, it’s a fun little mystery.

Today I bought that little tape dispenser you wear on your wrist to make wrapping presents easier.  I’m so excited to wrap, now!  It’s the little things in life, I guess.  Although big things are nice too.  Like big underwear.  One year I bought all three kids giant underwear for Christmas after we watched this video and laughed so hard we all almost peed ourselves.  Well, I almost peed myself, but that happens when you’ve had three children, you know.  I also can’t jump on trampolines anymore.  True story.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE PEE WEE! As in Herman, not the pee wee from jumping on the trampoline, which I too experience. How about this: does your brain shake when you jump on the trampoline? I can feel my brain jiggling around inside my skull, which is very unsettling.

I hope you find your missing decorations soon! And when you do, it will be a Christmas Miracle!

Deb said...

I have never seen that video and I'm so glad that now I have because I've been looking for a white shrug!!! Cheap and functional, and in my case, assessible ... as I've got a whole drawer-full of them! win-win

Beautiful picture of Santa, by the way.

Find them yet?