Friday, January 4, 2013

Thirteen

Today we officially have a teenager in the house!

DSCF1823

She decided to have a sleepover, so one night during Christmas break we hosted 5 giggly girls.  They did crafts and played games and watched the movie Pitch Perfect

DSCF1826

Maddie and I made a rainbow cake, but it didn’t photograph well.  It was totally cute though!

DSCF1820DSCF1831

The best craft was this one:

DSCF1846

Each of the girls glue-gunned crayons onto a canvas, then they aimed a blow dryer at the tips of the crayons to melt them down. 

IMG_0042

We were down to three girls by this point.  I wish we had done it sooner so all of the girls could have made one.

Maddie’s actual birthday is today, but she has swim practice tonight and a meet tomorrow, so except for opening her presents,  we will have our family celebration on Sunday to honor my very favorite teenager in the whole wide world. 

My favorite teen who used to enjoy wearing a Cinderella birthday hat. 

100_0100

My favorite teenager who is now (only slightly) taller than me.  My favorite teenager who wouldn’t think of playing with Barbies anymore.   My favorite teenager who no longer fits into those tiny little tights or that sweet little Gymboree dress or Winnie the Pooh underwear.

Oh my gosh.  I’d better end this before I need to seek professional help.

Happy Birthday, my sweet, lovely, wonderful, amazing thirteen year old Maddie.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Have a wonderful time on Sunday and good luck at your meet!
Loving the craft idea :)

P.S. Lil Tony says hi and happy birthday!

stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!! Love the face in this last picture, very cute!!

Deb said...

Happy belated birthday, Maddie!!! So many exciting things in store for you...