Saturday, April 9, 2011

Making It Up

Nothing is going on around here.  I mean, so much nothing that I have absolutely zip to write about.  Which isn’t good when you’re a so-called blogger who is trying to get about 3 posts out there a week, a blogger who generally enjoys observing, thinking, and writing, but has nothing to observe, think, or write about.  Like…I got nothing, people! 

I may have to resort to making things up for this blogpost.  I feel just a little guilty about that, but I am including this disclaimer so you get a blog to read, I get a blog to write, everyone (except my morally uptight childhood Sunday School teachers) will be happy!  Not all of what you read will be fiction, but some will.  Hey!  I have an idea!  If you can figure out what is real and what isn’t, you may or may not win an awesome prize!  (See what I did there?  Is the prize real or not?  Ooooooo.  Tricky.)

And we’re off!

1.  This week Jack told me he’d like to move to Las Vegas when he grows up.  When I asked him why, he told me, “Because then I can do a lot of gambling.  That’s what they’re famous for there.”

2.  Herbie can now squeak the National Anthem.  We are so proud!  I am going to see if I can get him to squeak /sing at the Super Bowl next year.

3.  Dave spent this past week in Florida at a conference for work.  While we sat up here in the rain.   I may or may not have drawn mustaches on and blacked out his teeth in all of the photos I have of him.

4.  Maddie’s artwork is on the cover of her school’s Art Show invitation!  We are almost as proud of her as we are of Herbie!

5.  I cleaned out all three children’s rooms this week for my Forty Bags in Forty Days.  I got forty bags at least in those three rooms alone.

6.  Ben cried when he came home from school and saw that I had also rearranged his furniture.

7.  This morning Jack fell climbing out of my bathtub and got the wind knocked out of him.  Scared the poop out of both of us.

8.  Ben has recently learned to fart on command.  He has moved to the top of the proud list ahead of Herbie and Maddie.

9.  My good friend Deb shared the news that she is pregnant!  Awesome Deb (and well done, Matt!)  I guess I will definitely be winning our Biggest Loser:  Blogger Edition.  I think a shot of her in a bikini holding her gestating belly will work come June.  I can seriously hardly wait!

10.  I managed to get my three blogs in this week, even with very little to write about, though they admittedly may have questionable entertainment value…so there, SUCKAHS!

Now if you would like to take a chance at winning (or not winning) the fabulous prize, leave a message in the comments section that looks something like this:

True:  1,2,3,4,5

Fiction:  6,7,8,9,10

Don’t miss this opportunity to score yourself something amazing (or possibly just be very proud of yourself for trying!)

3 comments:

Jemsmom said...

You are flipping hilarious! I know Herbie is humbled by the depth of your love for him!

Is Deb seriously pregnant? I guess that should be more of "pregnant seriously" than the other way! I have to catch up on blogging!

Deb said...

Holy. Crap. My palms are seriously sweating.

Karen said...

TRUE: 1,3,6,7,10
FALSE: 2,4,5,8,9 (if I could figure out how to bold, underline and capitalize number 9 I would, but it did make me smile!)
Thanks for the effort Beth, fictional or not I always love to hear what you have to say!