Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fortunately…

We are not movingAPRIL FOOL’S!!!

I thought of the idea after Maddie asked me yesterday if I had stuck plastic bugs in her school lunch.  Again. <long sigh and an eye roll>

And I vowed to get her.  (And you, my lovely, gullible blog readers!)  Dave pulled the sign out of the attic for me and we stuck it in the front yard so I could “surprise” both Maddie and Ben with the news after school.

Unfortunately, the sign garnered a little attention.  Within 15 minutes, a woman was outside of our house, talking on her cell phone.

2011_0401house4sale0105

I let her talk for ten minutes, but got worried (correctly) that she was calling someone to come see it or something.  2011_0401house4sale0108

“I’m sorry ma’am.  The house isn’t for sale.  We’re just trying to make our children cry like babies.”

 

After the kids got off the school bus, I walked them home, and Maddie saw the sign in the yard.  I told them that “we hadn’t wanted to worry them about things until we were sure, but daddy got a job far away and we would be selling the house and moving.”

Maddie said, “Whaaaaat???!!” and looked horrified.

Ben yelled, “What?!  Where?” and his whole face got bright red, all the way back to his ears, and they both looked so desperately pitiful, that I couldn’t take it anymore and yelled, “April Fool’s!”

And then they both kicked me in the shins and ran home crying. 

No… really, they were relieved and laughed…and then went home and changed their underwear.  I’m betting the plastic bugs in her bag of cookies are looking pretty good to Maddie now.

*By the way the picture of Jack crying was from last Wednesday for an entirely different reason.  I’ll post that one next week.

1 comment:

Jemsmom said...

You totally had me! I love the picture of you talking to the lady. That is hilarious! Poor kids... oh the treatment they will have to go through! Ha!!!