Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jack the Photographer

Jack really wants a cellphone, specifically a phone with a camera loaded with lots of awesome apps and movies.  But until he gets one-- many, many, many years from now, he bugs the heck out of anyone who has one with the hopes of talking them into loaning it to him for just a second.

Most people politely shrug him off or pretend they don’t hear his incessant “Do you have the fart app?” questions. 

Aunt Jamae is a sucker and always hands hers over to him.  She is nice and very cool. 

I am not so nice nor so cool.  But when we’re waiting to pick up a big brother or sister from somewhere or if we’re waiting for the oil to get changed in the car, or if he’s just thrown up all over himself on a playdate, I will hand over the phone.  He likes Angry Birds and the cupcake-making app and Bejeweled, but sometimes he will sneak in a photo session.  And if I am desperate, I will let him. 

Today we went shopping. 

Today I was desperate.

Today he was a photographer.
sunglasses
“This one represents my complete lack of privacy around here.  Mom ALWAYS has her eye on me.”


meglasses
“See.  What’d I tell ya.”


ceiling
This one pays homage to my kindergarten teacher who always said “Set your sights high” and to my Dad who says “Turn off that darn light if you’re not going to be in the room.”


finger
“Some might just call this an accidental picture of a finger.  To those who criticize my genius…I’m thinking of a finger.”


shirts
“The stark black and white is meant to convey how much I don’t like wearing shirts.”

I think you’ll agree with me the kid shows definite promise.  If only someone would loan him their darn phone.

2 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Tell Jack he can have my phone any time I see him!

Crickit said...

Cute post! :)