Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday at 1:44 PM

I am borrowing this idea from Meg.  I love Meg.

I took a little walk around the house at 1:44 this afternoon.  Here’s what everyone was doing.

Maddie:
2010_1024jbdayparty0028

Big brother (and neighbor)…
2010_1024jbdayparty0035

…being stalked at a distance by a little brother…
2010_1024jbdayparty0034
(I called Jack’s name for the picture above because he was hidden behind the tree.  After I took that one he posed  and smiled…
2010_1024jbdayparty0036
…then told me to be sure to post the second photo on Facebook.   What a ham.)

Here’s Dave:
2010_1024jbdayparty0031
He’s watching the Steelers and totally posed for this after I took a picture of him just sitting there and asked him to liven things up for me.  Seriously, wasn’t that sweet of him to oblige me, especially knowing his wife writes a blog and that the photo would be trudging its molasses laden feet around the blogosphere?  (Hmmm, maybe it wasn’t such a big deal after all).  The Steelers scored a goal within about ten minutes of taking this picture, so his wishful thinking paid off!

And me? Well, I’m working on this !*#% Halloween costume of Maddie’s.
2010_1024jbdayparty0037
All I can say is that it involves silver pleather and that I made it way too small, so now I am ripping seams and adding some panels so her cute little tushy will fit inside of it.  I’m also doing laundry, but you’ll be glad to know I didn’t take a picture of the pile on my bed waiting to be folded, the load in the dryer, the load in the washer, and the load still sitting on the laundry room floor, waiting for its turn.

So that is our Sunday afternoon.  I hope you are enjoying yours.

4 comments:

Jen said...

glad to know another husband is sitting around!!! Welcome to sunday football
we should've had Jack over- Courtney wanted a friend over today and it looks as though Jack could've used one too!

Jemsmom said...

Ok... Could your kids be cuter? I think not! I love that the hubby hammed it up for you. That is what every good husband does to oblige his blogging wife! I am impressed with the sewing machine! I can't sew a button! I thought I would be all fancy and buy one of those Holly Hobbie (not really, but along the lines) sewing machines from Walmart. I was going to be a pillow making goddess. Yeah... I got one. I broke the darn thing so many times. Thank goodness my hubby had taken his mom's apart so many times, he knew exactly how to fix it! He is an engineer. Need I say more??? He used to take everything apart as a kid and put it back together before he was found out!
Have a great week!

Tiffanee said...

Looks like the perfect day!! What an adorable family. I have a Steelers fanatic in my house also. Why is it that sewing Halloween costumes is such a project. I always have issues every year...so this year I swore I would not do it, but time will only tell. I am getting down to the wore though!!

Dave Heilman said...

Dave's football picture, and the truth behind it, reminds me of your lemon picture of long ago.