Monday, October 4, 2010

One Bad and Two Good

Jack, who just loooves kindergarten, came home the other day and told me, “There was one bad thing about today and two good things.  The bad thing is that…[dramatic pause] ‘Naughty Kid’ got a red today!”  (Red is not good.  All kindergartners dread the red.)   “The two good things are…I made a new friend and now I can kick and tuck when I swing!”

I’ve been after him to kick and tuck while swinging for a few years now, explaining that then he wouldn’t need to wait until I was available to push him anymore.  He’d be able to swing whenever the mood came over him.  But he could just never do it.   ‘Til now.

Kick…

2010_1002swinging0006

and tuck.

2010_1002swinging0008

With no pushes needed from me.

2010_1002swinging0014

2010_1002swinging0010

Dave joined him for a celebratory swing:

2010_1002swinging0020

Life is good.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My mom taught Courtney last spring..getting a little too big to push....yeah Jack-

Crickit said...

Oh...he is growing up! Very cute pictures. Brings back great memories of me pushing my kids on the swing!

corners of my life said...

kick and tuck?
It is good to have those life skills under your belt!