Monday, October 18, 2010

We Interrupt This Car Ride for…

[I’ve been a bad blogger.  Sorry it’s been so long, but it’s been a busy week.]

This weekend we went on a long car ride to meet wonderful friends/hosts where we got to do this…

2010_1017bethany0022

and this…

2010_1017bethany0051

and this…

2010_1017bethany0042

There was crying in the car on the way home.  I won’t say who it was, but she had to go to kindergarten in the morning.

Anyhoo, the ride home was mostly quiet (except for the occasional sob) because everyone was exhausted.  About 45 minutes from home, Jack declared he had to pee.  Fifteen minutes later, Jack declared he could wait NO MORE!  We were so close to home, we hated to pull over to a gas station.  I know that sounds dumb, and I really can’t explain it, but it’s true.

Suddenly, I had a genius idea!  Jack was holding the Vitamin Water bottle he had been drinking, and…can you see where I’m going with this?

Dave pulled over to the side of the road, he and Jack got the equipment in place, then a torrent of pee entered the bottle.  Jack giggled the whole time (and so did the rest of us).  When he was done, Dave gave the bottle a quick dump outside, and brought it back in, tightly capped.  Jack said, “Now we have a pee bottle!  From now on, whenever we need to pee in the car, we will be prepared!”  (Just for the record, we have thrown away the pee bottle).

A few minutes passed, and Jack made the observation that  it was a shame that Maddie and Mama would never be able to use the pee bottle. 

A few more minutes passed and he added, “Except maybe to poop.  That would work!”

I’m telling you, if I ever poop into a Vitamin Water bottle, it will be the day that Hell freezes over as pigs fly through it.

Other than that, it was a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Oh my stars... I am laughing my tail off! Now that is funny stuff! You can't make that up!!!!

corners of my life said...

Boys are so darn lucky!
Oh and by the way ~ I get the not stopping thing since we always traveled with 4 kiddos as well. Mine are the opposite though, 3 boys - 1 girl.

stephanie said...

A boy's life is sweet! We have had to attempt this maneuver in a moving vehicle just once (stuck in a traffic jam, no place to pull over). Let's just say it was very tricky and not the most successful thing we have ever done! But when the boy has to go, the boy has to go! For some reason Mitchell just loves to wait until the last possible second to use the bathroom! Grrrrrrr

PS- I returned your library book last night! Thanks again!!