Sunday, February 20, 2011

Desperate Times

The time has come. 

Bom bom  BOM! [cue flickering lights, lightning strike, and merciless sound of stomach growling in the distance]

My friend Deb and I have been commiserating over the sad shape of our bodies lately.  The sad, sad shape of our sad, sad bodies.  Actually, hers is fine, go over to her blog and see her, she’s one fine looking chick.  In fact, if I weren’t married and into guys, she would be just my thing.  So cute.  And sassy.  But I AM married and totally into guys and I was just saying.

SO we decided it was time to throw away our hidden stores of KitKats and Oatmeal Cream Pies, pull out our dusty scales, fire up the treadmills, go public with our intentions, and throw down the gloves.  Deb has dubbed our competition Biggest Loser:  Blogger Edition, however here will be no Jillian Michaels.  There will be no televised tears.  There will be no corporate sponsors.

But there will be a photo posted on the winner’s blog of the Loser in a Swimsuit. 

Our competition will begin tomorrow and run through the last day of school in June.  We will weigh in every week and share those details with each other only, but we will provide you, our lovely readers, with monthly updates on our progress.  The winner will be determined based on the percentage of weight lost.  To be a good friend and supporter of Deb, I will be generously dropping off delicious, home-baked goods on her doorstep occasionally, sliding free DQ gift cards into her mailbox, possibly bribing her children to slip Crisco Oil into her morning OJ and I will be kicking her (skinnier than my) butt, because no one (mostly me) wants to see a picture of me in my swimsuit on the internet.

Thankyouverymuch and stay tuned…

2 comments:

Karen said...

You two beautiful ladies make me smile! Best wishes to you both I know you will both do great!

Jemsmom said...

I LOVE IT!!! I am the silent partner because I will not have fat pictures in Ireland!!!