Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Memory Lane

It’s February.  It snowed again.  Yet another two hour delay (I actually like two hour delays, I wish school always started at 11:00, then I could sleep in more have more time for exercise and dusting).  There’s just not much going on besides the fight breaking out behind me over the t.v. remote, but I’m betting you don’t want to see a picture of that.   Or maybe you do, but that’s totally mean that you would get so much joy from my personal misfortune.

I began blogging about this time two years ago.  I wish I had discovered blogging sooner, not only because it’s a valid reason for turning my back to fights breaking out over remotes, but because I’ve found I really love the creative outlet blogging provides for me.  Also…there are years and years worth of stories stored in my head and photos stored on my computer that will never get an audience. 

Or will they?


Does the fact that the spaghetti is Healthy Harvest cancel out the fact that there is Easy Mac in the cupboard?
Ben spaghetti 1


Ha!  This is my bratty brother Dave.  He is very cool and plays in a band.  (This was not his best hairstyle ever).  (And his other guitar is nicer).  (I am happy to report I no longer own that chair.)  
100_0039



This one is from 2008, when Maddie’s feet still didn’t reach the floor.  I’m not sure anymore why she removed her pants to practice .
001-1




We felt bad about removing this baby ear of corn from its mama.  Or maybe…just maybe… we saved the world from being taken over and dominated by some crazed mutant corn alien who enslaves us all and forces us to husk and butter all of its mutant corn alien friends who then taunt us with their deliciousness.  

This is why I don’t write fiction, people.2009_0802OBX10003




Here’s my mom (on the left) and her big sister, my Aunt Betty.   They are funny together.   Aunt Betty is ten years older than my mom and was her second mother.  My mom slept with Aunt Betty until Aunt Betty got married and moved away when she was 19 (and mom was 9).  They fight like little kids.   Aunt Betty still likes to boss her around, mom bosses her back and tries to prove to Aunt Betty she’s a big girl now and doesn’t need her suggestions.  When I see them together, I’m both glad and sad that I don’t have a sister.
2009_0912Moms65thbday0033




Looking for a Christmas tree.  Like I’m Christopher Columbus. 
142_4293




Yes.  Jack was just eating dirt.
113_1364




Can you say “BLACKMAIL”?
109_0970




As cranky and tired as those baby days made me…pictures like this make me want them back again.100_0067



One of my favorite pictures ever.  For multiple reasons.
ben and daddy shave
(Oh my gosh, look at the diaper peeking out of Ben’s Teletubby PJ bottoms.  I just want to pick him up and pat his sweet baby belly and kiss him.)

(Hmm.  I kind of want to do that to Dave too.)



Well, I guess I’ve ignored the t.v. remote business long enough, though now they’ve moved on to fighting over a ball and paddle one of them picked out of the dentist’s reward drawer last week.  No cavities!  Hooray!

P.S.  One of my favorite bloggers, Ally from Today is My Birthday!, lives in Christchurch, NZ.  Luckily, she and her family are fine, but I’m sure Ally will be filling us in on the earthquake details there in the coming weeks. 

5 comments:

Crickit said...

Great pictures...I always love a good walk down memory lane (even if they are your memories) Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

And where does time go? You have a great family and one of my favorite blogs to read :)
Wendy
(and now I'll go and check what the kids and Blue got into!)

stephanie said...

Can we get more pictures of shirtless Dave?? Did I just say that out loud?

I mean, I love looking at your babies eating dirt and all but..... your man has a 6 pack!

Love ya Beth! Please blog everyday!!

Deb said...

You were excercizing and dusting TOO???? Man, great minds/healthy bodies think alike!

Great LOL pictures in there!

Chase {unfortunately} still wears pull ups at night for accidents. While I cannot wait to be rid of PEE IN THE SHEETS, I'll miss the sound of pull-ups running by and the sweet little boy that I could still pick up.

You know, except for the pee in the sheets part.

Which reminds me, 24 whole hours and I didn't lose a single two tenths of a pound. This is rigged.

Deb

Jemsmom said...

I love the idea of bringing back old pictures. I see a Linky Party!!! Well, last night I was ticked at the BIL and SIL and made the mistake of going to Walmart. I came home with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, two slices of turtle cheesecake, ice cream sandwiches, and a bag of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I am off like a herd of turtles on the diet!!!!