Saturday, March 19, 2011

Busy Week

Wow, time just flew by this week.  And I was so busy.  Not busy in a bad, stressed out, want to cry myself to sleep kind of way.  Just lots of plans and appointments and activities. 

One bad thing.  My girl was shooting hoops and came down wrong on her foot.  We thought it was broken (it was two years ago—same foot, same location), but it’s just sprained.  She’s been milking it big time though, and Jack was her willing slave for the first few hours until he decided it would be more fun to play Legos than fetch her drinks of water and adjust her ice pack.

2011_0319misc0001

“Now that my ankle is sprained, can I borrow your Snooki earrings and become a gangsta, pleeeeease???”

[I’m not sure that’s how gangstas look, but this is Maddie’s interpretation.]

 

My 40 Bags in 40 Days is going well.  I threw away so much in my kitchen, and look what was hiding under the bottom drawer of the kitchen desk:

2011_0314zipline0007

I found 5 DS game cartridges, about 10 pads of paper, stamps, old greeting cards, 3 packs of Kleenex, and my super big find of the day:

2011_0314zipline0014

Awesome!  Now, I just need to find a way to travel back in time to October 2007 in order to use this amazing deal!

 

Yesterday was a beautiful day, the kind of day that gives you hope that this long, dreary, cold, gray, cold, dreary, freezing cold never-ending winter may actually end.   The temperature got into the high seventies!  Jack played outside all day and was absolutely filthy by bedtime (a good sign that he had a fun day), there were 10 kids riding bikes in our cul-de-sac at one point, nobody sprained an ankle, and the windows were open!

2011_0319misc0010

And there was a soft breeze blowing those curtains up all day.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  Of course, this morning it’s about twenty degrees cooler, but the sun is still shining!

2011_0319misc0020

Yes, this is a picture of my powder room, but just look at the sunshine glinting off that toilet bowl!  I am reminded of the time, right after we moved in, that I sat down to use the facility (you need to know that the powder room is right next to the front door) and one of the neighbor kids ran up the walk and knocked on our door.  Which was okay, I had the bathroom door closed!  But.  I did not anticipate that since no one came to the front door, the girl would slide over to the window and look in to see if anyone was there.  And I was.  There.  I’m not telling you anything else, I have buried the memory deep, deep inside the file cabinet in my brain in a file marked “Do not open. Ever”.  Now stop picturing me on the toilet.  I mean it!  Stop it right now!  Here look at this nice photo:

2011_0319misc0011

The stinkbugs are back.  I hate stinkbugs.  Over the winter we found about one or two a month.  They just magically appear and scare the poopydoops out of you. 

You may also recall that last month Deb and I embarked on our “Biggest Loser:  Blogger Edition”.  Well, it’s been one month and we agreed that we would provide you nosy people with updates.  So.  I think I lost the most the first week, Deb lost the most the second week, then things are hazy, I seriously don’t remember the middle of the month, I believe the info is in a brain file marked “You are too old to access this file”.  But, here is my end of the month result:  I have lost 2.3% of my body weight this month, a little disappointing, but at least I didn’t gain 2.3% of my body weight, right?    I would tell you how Deb is doing, but she has been mysteriously quiet and is not responding to my emails.  I  think she may be either in jail or having weight loss surgery, so you will just have to keep checking her blog for an update from her.

Enjoy your weekend.  May your toilet bowl be sunshine-y and may your children be sprained ankle-free, and may all your rooms lack stinkbugs. 

It’s not exactly as pretty as an Irish blessing, but it’ll have to do.

3 comments:

Crickit said...

Cute Post! :) AND... I love your quote at the end. Cute bathroom by the way...I am NOT picturing antything! LOL!

Jemsmom said...

2.3% is awesome girl! Keep it up! Oh the palmetto bugs are starting to show themselves here since it has been in the 80's!!! If you don't know about a palmetto bug, it is a big fat roach... that can fly... they terrify me to no end. Let's just say I am super tight with the bug guy, Clay. We are buds. He brought me a Christmas present! I hate bugs...

I have lost jf;sjkljfsio amount. Translate that! Ha!

corners of my life said...

You know you are a true blogger when you dare to post what is hiding under the bottom drawer of the kitchen desk. :)