Friday, March 11, 2011

Hedbanz

Have you played this game?  Everyone playing can read your headband except you, and everyone takes turns asking “Twenty Questions”-type questions to figure out what’s on their own headband.

Jack asked if I could play this with him yesterday, which can be challenging as he needs to be able to read and understand the meaning of the card he picks for me to wear (he must pick it otherwise I may unwittingly put something like “Tokyo” on my forehead which will utterly stump him).  But I found a card for him to wear and he found a card for me to wear and Round One went something like this:

2011_0308hedbanz00152011_0308hedbanz00052011_0308hedbanz00132011_0308hedbanz0009

Jack:  Do I start with a D?  

Me:  No.  Am I an animal?

Jack:   No, but you can get eaten!

Me:  Jack!  Don’t give hints!

Jack:  Am I a duck?

Me:  No, remember I said you don’t start with D.  Am I a dessert?

Jack:  No, I ate it the other day and you didn’t!

Me:  Jack!  Don’t give hints, just say yes or no! 

Jack:  Oh, yeah.  

*long pause*

Me:  Jack, your turn.

Jack:  What?

Me:  Your turn, honey.

Jack:  Ohhhh!  Does it start with a T?

Me:  Nope.   Did we have it for supper?

Jack:  I did, but you didn’t.   It’s brown and shaped like a suh-phere! (Sphere is pronounced with two syllables when you are in kindergarten)

Me:  Honey, when you give me hints, it helps me figure out who I am faster and I will win.

Jack:  Oh yeah.  It’s NOT brown.  I mean it is.  But I didn’t tell you that.   Do I start with a J?

Me:  Hmmm, maybe you should ask a question like “Am I an animal” or “Does it fit in my pocket?”  Go ahead and try.

Jack:  Am I an animal?

Me:  Yes!

Jack:  Am I a duck?

Me:  You said that already and it’s my turn.  Am I a hamburger?

Jack:  No.  I had them on my spaghetti at Pizza Hut!  Am I a rat?

Me:  Are you kidding me?  How did you get that? 

Jack:  Because it’s an animal! 

Then we went on to play a few more rounds.  I was an apple and he was a farm, I was a cup and he was a banana, and I was a hat and he was pajamas.  I only won one round (hat/pajama round) and needed a nap afterwards.

 

(Jack took this picture…did you guess what was on my headband??)

2011_0308hedbanz0012

4 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

Darling...

Jemsmom said...

I have GOT to get my family that game!!! That is classic!

Wendy said...

Cute! We MUST add this game to our collection! Tell Jack great job :)

Divvy Up Diva said...

This game looks so fun! I tried to buy it for a Christmas gift but it was sold out everywhere. Might be a good idea for the Easter basket :)