Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Forty Bags in Forty Days

Welcome to Lent! 

Sarah from Clover Lane has been participating in Forty Bags in Forty Days for a few years now, and I thought I’d try it this year.  The basic premise is you must tackle a room or a closet or a disaster area every day of Lent, filling one bag per day to either throw out or donate (ours will go to the San Juan Bautista church store in Lancaster) or yard sale, and as a bonus (some bonus) you also spring clean the area as you go.  Sarah’s post today includes some tips for you.

I’m looking forward to the purge, not so much to the spring cleaning.

I am planning to start in the kitchen today and clean out the junk drawers, the cupboards, etc.  By Easter I hope to have a cleaner and much emptier house.  Since Easter is late this year, I also hope we will have sunshine, singing birds, egg hunts that aren’t plagued by snow showers, and short sleeved Easter wear.

So.  Do you want to join me?

2010_0417eastervalleydays0011

Those cherry blossoms are just around the corner!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You go girl! 40 bags in 40 days...I would love to try this! Although with moving I got rid of alot. If it didn't have a use or purpose it was gone! Keep us updated :)
Great photo!
Wendy