Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

2011_0301seussday0004It’s somebody’s birthday

I’m here to tell you,

It’s somebody’s birthday

Great hullabaloo!

If you go to our school,

on this flappulous day

Try to look like a book--

Any book, don’t delay!

Let’s be shmillyand silly

Like the folks in Dakota

But not grumpy and sad

Like those guys at Toyota.
2011_0301seussday0005 We’ll put apples on top

We’ll glue stuff to our shirt

We’ll look crazy, oh yes,

Like Old Geezer McGurt.

You could be Harry Potter

And then change your mind

(That’s why Ben’s not shown here--

He politely declined).

Happy Birthday to Seuss!

That fundazzling dude

To whom this here blogpost

Does kindly allude.
2011_0301seussday0006
 He made reading so merry, so goofy, so fun!

(That Green Eggs and Ham is my favorite one).

There’s Horton, The Lorax, The Cat in the Hat,

The Grinch and The Sneetches, just try to top that!

To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
And If I Ran The Zoo are linguistical treats!

Thanks! Thanks! Dr. Seuss, for your jubilant rhymes

We’ve read them and read them sixteen thousand times.

I think I am done with my Seuss-alent rant

Now I’m off to the hills of Mazoo-ba-la-fant.

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

Karen said...

What clever costumes!