Monday, March 28, 2011

Separated at Birth?

I was at Jack’s birth, in fact I was a fairly active person at Jack’s birth, and I remember quite clearly that he was the only baby born to me that day.

However, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think he did have a twin.

2011_0326Eagle0029

This is Jack and his friend Olivia.   They are in the same kindergarten class and Maddie is in the same 5th grade class as Olivia’s brother Nathan.  This winter, the 5th grade class had a little play, and both Olivia’s family and ours attended.  Jack saw Olivia there, ran up and gave her a hug, and I struck by how much they looked alike (and the next day I trimmed Jack’s hair, by the way…)

2010_1222chrsitmasstuff0052

They are both blond, kooky, and full of life.

2011_0326Eagle00372011_0326Eagle0030

They are both the youngest (Olivia is the youngest of four!) and they both love to play and pretend and dress up and role play. 

Hmmm.  When I think about it, the one sure way I can tell they aren’t siblings is because they do get along so very well, no fighting, no whining, just happy times and a healthy give-and-take. 

Maybe Olivia is my future daughter-in-law!

2011_0326Eagle0035

Or maybe not.

Either way, we love having Jack’s twin spend the afternoon with us!

2 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Wow! She does look like Jack! How fun is that?!?

Jen said...

they really look alike in the second picture- cuties!