Friday, July 29, 2011

Instagram Friday

Happy Friday! I’ve found a new linky party I wanted to try, at Life Rearranged.  Every Friday, bloggers link up their weeks using Instagram.  You know how much I love my Instagram, so I thought this would be a fun one to try every now and then.  I really enjoyed looking at the other bloggers’ links, it’s very cool to see a smattering of life in around the country (world?) using this simple medium.

Here’s my July in Instagram:

Did you know you could buy 6 year old boys at Target?  We got one…cheap!

IMG_0579

We’ve had lots of time in the pool this month, it’s been a hot one.

 maddie

So hot we even tried to fry an egg on the driveway. 

IMG_0764

After about 6 hours, the yolk was solid and covered in ants.  Yuck.  The temperature was in the hundreds several days in a row.  Here was the temperature at 8:30 p.m.

IMG_0769

I am obsessed with skies on Instagram!  They look so much cooler than when I use my big girl camera.

roadIMG_0772

IMG_0742IMG_0498

The local corn stand finally opened.  We all love sweet corn, except Dave who just tolerates it for our sake.

corn

Here’s where Dave and I went for our anniversary dinner. 

IMG_0651

Last week we went to dinner with our cousins to our favorite Japanese restaurant.  One of the cousins hiding behind Maddie turns 14 next week and was probably so embarrassed by the other kids (I remember those days well).  We went during the heat spell, and the restaurant’s air conditioning was out.  We were hot, especially since the meal was cooked right in front of us, but the food and company was greatly enjoyed.  Many thanks to Grandma W. for treating all of us!

chopsticks

He’s going to kill me, but…

IMG_0588IMG_0585IMG_0586

And finally, you can’t have July without sparklers!

IMG_0641

Please head to Life Rearranged to check out some more Instagram pictures!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Great pictures! We tried to fry an egg too, but all we ended up with was a mess also.