Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Instagram October

Another month has flown by.  I’d like to figure out a way to make time go just a little bit slower.  I love fall. 

cornleaves

mumsroad

Leaves are a-changing, mums are a-blooming, the skies are crystal clear, and the grasshoppers are a-copulating.

grasshoppers

              BugBoy didn’t know that of course.  But he loved how they were playing leapfrog!

 

I attended my first school dance as a chaperone instead of as an attendee!

dance

Holy cow, that was so much fun!  The music was a little loud, but the exuberant joy (and crazy drama) of youth?  I loved it.

We got in a trip to Dutch Wonderland, which is a local theme park aimed at the younger set.  Jack would have loved to ride everything, but Maddie and Ben were looking for roller coasters and excitement.  I think this may be our last trip to DW. (I’m sticking out my bottom lip and pouting right now…they need to stop it with the growing, already!)

slidepretzel

I’ve been waking the kids up in the morning with the guinea pig.  They love cuddling with him first thing and they seem to wake up in a better mood as a result.  Try it with your rodent tomorrow morning!

herbie

(In case you’re wondering, Herbie is sitting on the giant teddy bear Jack got for his birthday from Grandma and Papa).

 

And of course, we ended the month with Halloween!

Here’s Maddie with her good friend Ellie.  They decided to be garden gnomes together!

gnomes

And here’s my neighbor Sue (remember her last month with her new puppies, McGee and Tobey?) and her husband Jaime:

muppets

They rightfully won the costume contest for couples!  Don’t you love it?

I got to help with Jack’s school Halloween party.  It was a roomful of excited, sugarcoated, costumed first graders.  God Bless first grade teachers.

class

 

Finally, a little story.  At the end of October, when Maddie was getting on the school bus in the early morning darkness (pre-Daylight Saving’s Time) , I began driving her to the bus stop.   I usually drove Dave’s car, because his garage door is the furthest away from the boys’ rooms and would be less likely to wake them up than with my garage door.

Dave’s car has a personalized radio/control center, and his name is programmed in there so that when he wants to choose a radio station, the screen says, “Dave’s Presets”, etc.

One morning, Maddie said, “You know, we should change Daddy’s name to ‘Poopypants’ for an April Fool’s joke next year.” 

I said, “That is awesome!  Why wait?”

poopypants

Dave was leaving that morning for a trip for work. I told the boys about it on the way to their school bus and they laughed until they cried. Every time we pictured Dave getting into the car and seeing “Poopypants” on his screen??  Priceless.  Unfortunately, Dave didn’t notice it right away.  I began to get nervous that he would be transporting a client who would notice before he did.

But luckily that didn’t happen (whew!) and Dave was totally impressed with our technical knowledge and our acutely outrageous senses of humor (or is it sense of humors?)

However, we are certainly not plotting to do that again.  No sir.  Not at all.  We did not enjoy calling Daddy a Poopypants on his car even one tiny bit.

photo

     MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 comments:

corners of my life said...

I love new secret code words.
This one is a keeper . . .
"playing leapfrog"

Tara said...

HA! I want to talk John into getting a new car, one with a personalized radio, just so I can call him Poopypants. And some other names. . .

Jemsmom said...

Look at those faces!!! How funny is that. You know he did a total double take! We see lizards doing the deed all the time and Jemma always says they are riding piggy back! That's right!!!