Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bangs and More

I was going through some old photos looking for that lost parade photo of my dad and me in our giant bow ties, and found this cute one (of me, who else).

DSCF7705

It was my kindergarten picture, however my mom had them do retakes because she was so embarrassed at how bad my bangs looked.  (Go ahead, look up there again.) (I think she only had this particular photo because it was stapled to my kindergarten file folder.)

Apparently, my bangs grew out enough by picture retake time so that my mom was able to re-trim them to her liking.

DSCF7707

There were a few more bad bang pictures:

DSCF7705DSCF7709

Why was my hair always higher on the left side?  It’s a mystery that may never be solved.

Eventually she just got rid of the bangs and the problem was solved.

DSCF7707

And then there was the worst photo shoot ever.  I have so many bad photos from this particular shoot, and it is another mystery why my mother bought any of them.  Maybe for a good laugh? Here is the worst:

DSCF7710 

But at least we got this awesome one of my baby brother Jesse out of it:

DSCF7710

There’s a nonexistent zucchini in it for the person who gives this photo the best caption down in the comments. 

And since you’ve stuck with me this long, would you like to see a picture of me baring my midriff?

DSCF7709

Oh yeah.  I knew how to rock shorts that were pulled up to my ribcage.

4 comments:

Deb said...

"And every time Mom said she was going to trim Elizabeth's bangs for school pictures, Dad would sneak a couple shots of wild turkey in her tea. And then for a good two weeks, until her bangs were long enough to trim again, we'd all cock our heads to the side every time we saw Lizzy. Oh my, good memories. And when we finally told Mom what Dad had been doing all those years, she was so mad she tried to wring his neck, just like this."

(It's OK that this is lame and I won't win ... I would have preferred a non-existent tomoato anyway.)

stephanie said...

"Who's in for a game of rock, paper, scissors ?"

You were rockin that look Beth! It's time to bring it back girlfriend! Hope to see you sportin that look this summer at Walmart!

Crickit said...

I think bangs were the in thing.. I had them too and they were super short also!

Jemsmom said...

Do not bring that look back no matter what Stephanie says!!! OH MY WORD!!!! Those are some stylin' not so straight bangs there girl! I can't get over how much your babies look like you!!!

My caption...

"Why I oughta..."